Full-time Energy Demand Analyst at the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
The Job : Energy Demand Analyst
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Energy Studies Department monitors, analyses and forecasts world energy developments in the medium and long term and reports thereon, in particular providing in-depth studies and reports on energy issues.
- It monitors developments and undertakes specific studies on energy demand and production-related technology, assessing implications for OPEC.
- It identifies and follows up key areas of energy-related emerging technologies and research and development (R&D), facilitates and supports planning and implementation of collaborative energy-related R&D programs of Member Countries, as well as identifies prospects for OPEC participation in major international R&D activities.
- It carries out studies and reports on developments in the petroleum industry, providing effective tools for carrying out model-based studies of analyses and projections of energy supply/demand and downstream simulation.
- It elaborates OPEC Long Term Strategy and monitors, analyses and reports on relevant national or regional policies (fiscal, energy, trade and environmental), assessing their impacts on energy markets.
Objective of Position
- The Energy Demand Analyst develops medium to long-term assessments of future oil demand growth at the sectoral level, understanding the main drivers and key uncertainties.
Over the medium- to long-term:
- Analyses the dynamics of the transportation sector.
- Assesses oil demand in the industry sector, particularly related to the petrochemical sector.
- Analyses oil use in households, as biomass is replaced by commercial energy in developing countries.
- Assesses demand in the agriculture and commercial sectors.
- Analyses trends in oil use in electricity generation.
- Assesses nature and scale of oil use in marine bunkers.
- Contributes to and/or delivers speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and various international forums.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Economics, Energy Economics or related fields
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 8 years
- Advanced degree: 6 years
- Economic Analysis
- Energy Economics
- Knowledge of oil market developments.
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
How To Apply
Applicants are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers