Full-time Farm Innovation Nigeria Limited Recruitment – Junior Agronomist
Farm Innovation Nigeria Limited was birthed to develop innovative solutions that see farmers improve their processes, increase their yield and subsequently increase their income. We provide a range of services including Research, Agribusiness development, E-extension services and Agric value chain development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Junior Agronomist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- We are looking for Junior Agronomists to join our project team in the implementation of an agricultural extension project in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
- As an organization, our mission is to change the African agricultural narrative by building successful Agri-preneurs through increased access to information, markets, resources and affordable Agtech products. Our vision is to be Africa’s foremost hub and catalyst for Agricultural technology innovations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support in disseminating crop management practices at the project location to serve as a basis for the identification of improved and appropriate crop production, Good Agronomic Practices (GAP) and post-production technologies.
- Provide support and participate in on-field tests and demonstrations of the identified technologies and transfer them to farmers.
- Provide support for the development of value chain content for GAP and Farmer Service center for selected value chain.
- Provide support for training and technical backstopping for Small Holder Farmers on improved and appropriate crop production and post-production technologies.
- Actively foster the active participation of women in the project activities;
- Promote proper adoption of GAP, advanced agro-techniques identified by the project as well as Farmers Service Centre of the Project;
- Conduct support visits to the project areas to ensure maximum impact of the project
- Participate in the establishment of mechanisms to collect appropriate information of the monitoring and evaluation system of activities under outcome so the project;
- Contribute to periodic project progress reports
- Undertake any other related duties arising within the context of the project
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture (preferably with specialization in Agronomy) Agricultural Science, Agronomy, Crop Science, Food Science, and Food Security or related discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in agriculture, with specialization in Agronomy, crop science, extension services, soil science, animal science, or Agric value chain development.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills
- Knowledge about climate change adaptation, climate-smart agriculture techniques, etc.
- Knowledge in computer (MS word, excel and powerpoint)
- Fluent written and oral communication in English and Hausa is required
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially with primary stakeholders;
- A team player and self-starter able to inspire and influence action;
- Broad geographic experience of Gombe or Adamawa states.
Application Closing Date
10th January, 2020.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in a single document of not more than 3 pages containing their CV and Cover Letter as one document to: [email protected] The document should be saved in the following format First Name -Surname_Position applied for.
- Due to a high volume of applications, please understand that we are unable to contact everyone and will only be reaching out to long-listed applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity in all facets of our organization. All qualified applicants will receive due consideration and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status.