Full-time Federal College of Education, Obudu, Cross River State: College Librarian Recruitment
The Federal College of Education, Obudu, Cross River State invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
The Job : College Librarian
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Obudu, Cross River, Nigeria
The duties and responsibilities of the College Librarian include but not limited to the following:
- He/She shall be responsible to the Provost for the college library and the coordinator of the library services in the Teaching Units of the College
- Forming overall library policy, contacts and liaising with Departments on book requirements
- Preparation of library budgets
- Giving professional advice on library matters, etc.
Tobe eligible for appointment as the College librarian, the candidate must:
- Not be more than 59 years at the time of assumption of duty
- Possess an MLS from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years of cognate experience or possession of a Doctorate Degree, as an added advantage.
- Have been a Chief Lecturer (COMPCASS) for at least three years with proven evidence of the following publications:
- 3 conference papers
- 3 journal articles or
- 3 book chapters, or 2 Text Books
- Evidence of current Registration with the National Library of Nigeria or any other relevant Professional Body
- Evidence of distinction/honours in ones field
- Evidence of community service
- Be proficient in ICT packages and their applications, particularly in virtual library and must command respect and enjoy the confidence of colleagues;
- Evidence of strong administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good industrial human relations and positive managerial attributes;
- Be objective, fair minded, impartial and of proven integrity.
Terms of Appointment/Conditions of Service
- Conditions of service are as contained in the current edition of the Schemes and Conditions of Service for Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Duration of Tenure
- The tenure for the appointment is five (5) years from the date of appointment and may be reappointed for a further period of 5 years and no more, subject to good performance.
How To Apply
Applicants should be enclosed in an envelope and marked “Application for Registrar”, addressed and sent to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Federal College of Education,
P.M.B 1038, Obudu,
Cross River State.
- Applicants shall attach to the application 20 copies each of their qualification, detailed CV/other relevant documents, 3 Referee reports (one of which must be from the Applicant’s Provost/Registrar)
- All applications received after the deadline shall be rejected.
- Only applicants who meet the criteria for eligibility stated above shall be shortlisted and communicated to