Full-time Federal Polytechnic Ede: Bursar Recruitment
The Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun State, was established on 14th February, 1992 by the Federal Government as a third generation Polytechnic. As a fast growing institution, it runs forty (40) National Diploma and thirty (30) Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes in four (4) Schools and twenty-one (21) Academic Departments.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below that will be vacant from 1st April 2020:
The Job : Bursar
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ede, Osun, Nigeria
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and Head of the Bursary Department in the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector in the day-today administration and control of the financial affairs of the Polytechnic.
- As the financial controller, the Bursar shall advise on all financial policies including budgetary matters, procurement, contracts, pensions, and gratuity.
- The Bursar also advises on the issuance of loans, insurance, and other financial matters as may be referred to him from time to time by the Rector and the Council.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must possess a Degree in Accounting or related fields (with a minimum of second class lower division), or HND in Accounting or related fields (with a minimum of lower credit), and at least 15 years cognate experience.
- Applicants must possess any professional accounting qualification from recognized bodies such as ICAN and ANAN amongst others.
- A Masters or Doctorate Degree in Accountancy or any related discipline or Fellowship of any professional accounting body will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must have been Deputy Bursar/Chief Accountant/Chief Auditor in a Polytechnic or similar institution for at least five (5) years and must be computer literate.
- Applicants must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Application and Curriculum Vitae, giving information in the order listed below:
- Full Name (with surname underlined)
- Post Applied For
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Local Government and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address (Not P.O. Box or P.M B)
- Current Postal Address (including GSM number and e-mail address)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Certificates Obtained with Dates
- Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Publications (if any, and where applicable)
- Working Experience (General and Specific Experience with Dates)
- Evidence of Community Service (with dates)
- Present Employment (showing date and salary)
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees who should forward their confidential report directly to the address below. Such referees should be able to attest to the applicant’s suitability for the post.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of Bursar” on the top left hand corner, addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Federal Polytechnic Ede,
PMB 231, Ede,
Note: Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.