Full-time Federal University, Gashua: Senior Lecturer/Principal Librarian Recruitment
The Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
The Job : Senior Lecturer/Principal Librarian
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Gashua, Yobe, Nigeria
Candidates for this post should:
- Be professionally qualified and practicing Librarian
- A good honours Degree and Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science obtained from a recognised University, with at least ten (10) years relevant experience, preferably in a University system
- A good honours Degree and Ph.D in Library and Information Science obtained from a recognised University, with at least six (6) years relevant experience, preferably in a University system
- Three years as a Lecturer I in the University
- A sufficient number of admissible publications, totalling a minimum of 6 journal articles published in reputable journals/books and 5 edited proceedings in both cases
- A strong evidence of potential for continual research activity and academic leadership
- Be Chartered Librarian, registered with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN)
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Salary and Condition of Service
- Salary and conditions of service shall be as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
7th October, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of word processed Applications, up-to-date Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and names of 3 (three) referees. The CV should include the following below:
- Full name (surname first in Capital Letters)
- Place and Date of birth
- Marital status
- Number and Ages of children
- E-mail and GSM number
- Postal address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of origin & Local Gov’t Area
- Schools attended & qualifications obtained with dates
- List of Publications
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of professional body
- Names and addresses of 3 (three) referees.
Applications should be enclosed in a sealed envelop and marked “Confidential: for the attention of the Registrar” at the left hand corner of the envelope, addressed and sent to:
Federal University, Gashua,
- Late applications will not be entertained and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Successful applicants will be required to be resident in Gashua, in Bade Local Government of Yobe State.