Full-time FHI 360: Facilities Assistant Recruitment
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve – improving lives for millions.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
The Job : Facilities Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Requisition Id: 2019201293
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Deputy Response Coordinator, the Facilities Assistant will ensure the smooth flow of office facilities, supplies and support services.
- S/He will ensure the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order and effectiveness and efficiency of facilities.
- S/he will also be responsible for the compilation and maintenance of accurate inventory records in Borno State office.
- S/he will conduct routine asset verification and ensure inventory data is accurately entered into the FHI 360 Borno electronic inventory management system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor generator use and fuel consumption and provide periodic reports.
- Monitor cleaning contractors to adhere to specified cleaning standards.
- Contribute to planning, coordination and allocation of office space in consultation with relevant parties.
- Ordering and stocking of operations supplies such as fuel, drinking water, toiletries and other utilities to support office operations.
- Ensure the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of the entire FHI 360 Borno facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects of FHI 360 in Borno facilities and equipment.
- Ensure appropriate tagging of office equipment, furniture and fittings.
- Ensure that repairs and maintenance are timely and accurately resolved, and that quality of service is assured.
- Ensure inventory system for all activities such as additions, disposals, movements/relocations, retrievals, change in status/condition, etc. are done in accordance with FHI 360 policy.
- Ensure that the inventory list is accurate and complete and that all required data fields are populated and accurately entered into electronic inventory system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance. Ability to comprehend and make inferences from technical materials and equipment.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment such as generator. Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy. Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times. Technically astute. Knowledge of local dialect is an added advantage. Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or recognized equivalent with 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with international NGOs is an advantage.
- Experience with large complex organization preferred.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2019.
How To Apply