Full-time Finance Assistant at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent, humanitarian, non-profit, non-governmental organisation. We provide assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
What is NRC?
NRC promotes and protects the rights of refugees and people who have been displaced within their own country. We take action during situtations of armed conflict, and engage in other contextes where our competences will add value.
The Job : Finance Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Officer.
- Complete tasks assigned by the Finance Officer.
- Help Finance Officer on monthly closing of Accounts.
- Organise and update financial documents both in soft and hard.
- Ensure Finance documents are collected from field offices on regularly.
- Ensure that all the financial documents are properly placed.
- Managing the soft and hard archive filling.
- Providing vouchers to the auditor and replace them back in the file folder.
- Help Finance Officer (Accountants) on Filing of monthly financial vouchers.
- Photocopy and scan the documents and vouchers on daily basis.
- Prepare the vouchers upon request.
- Take the transfers to the Bank based on need.
- Assist Taxation Officer on providing taxes documents
- Experience from working as a Finance Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good in oral and written English
- Good knowledge of the North – Eastern Nigeria context
- Minimum of University degree in related field
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
How To Apply