Full-time Finance & Grants Coordinator at Plan International
Plan International Nigeria is part is the global federation of Plan International and was registered as a National Organization in 2014 in Nigeria. Plan International works in 52 developing Countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan’s Global Strategic Goals (2017-2022) is to advance Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls ad our Ambition is, “together, we take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive”. We reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised through the delivery of high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits to children and their communities.
The Job : Finance & Grants Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Req ID: 25673
Contract Duration: 1 year.
- The purpose of this role is to support the tracking of Lake Chad Crisis fund raising, provision of timely and accurate financial information and ensure that Grants expenditures are in line with specific FAD/donor requirements.
- The role’s support is to the Humanitarian and Lake Chad Programs.
- Contribute to the achievement of Lake Chad Crisis Strategy and support the effective grants and financial management in the three Countries.
- Support the full cycle of grants management activities beginning from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
- Track grantee contractual obligations, e.g., pre-award conditions.
- Support the Finance & Grants Manager – Humanitarian and project managers to prepare the annual grants budgets for the Lake Chad program.
- Provide Quality assurance on information reported by all 3 countries on the grants tracker and other reports.
- Monitor and track grants related performance measurement indicators and liaise with Finance & Grants Manager-Humanitarian to implement strategies to improve performance.
- Monitor the partner burn rate and offer timely advice to the partner and programs team for prompt action and decision-making.
- Explain donor requirements and organizational financial policy & procedures to staff and ensure compliance.
- Prepare the monthly Consolidated Lake Chad burn rate – expenditure traffic tracker.
- Prepare the monthly Consolidated Lake Chad cost recovery tracker.
- Support the preparation of the Lake Chad funding/grant tracker liaising with the 3 countries.
- Prepare the Lake Chad budget and expenditure tracker for the FOA (FAD open to all).
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in donor funds grants administration.
- Fluency in English required (working knowledge in French will be an added advantage).
- Preferred qualifications: knowledge of and experience with the key donors in the industry is strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in grant and financial management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
How To Apply