Full-time Finance Management Consultant at The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
The Job : Finance Management Consultant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Supervisor: NACA DG
Duration of Contract: 13 months
- NACA is desirous of strengthening its financial management capacity and those of its sub recipients to continuously attract and manage donor-funded projects. Deployment of a robust and responsive financial management system in line with the Global best practices is critical to attracting and managing multiple donor funded projects
- NACA therefore intends to engage the services of a Financial Management Consultant to provide technical support to NACA and its sub-recipients devise innovative mechanisms and processes to improve performance and provide support to accelerating the implementation process, improve efficiency of service delivery and ensure compliance with grant agreements and policies
- He/she will work with the NACA Finance team to develop mechanisms and tools to ensure full compliance with the applicable guidelines and global best practices
- The Consultant will also build capacity of financial and procurement teams in grants management, risk mitigation and financial management system in accordance with global best practices.
- In Collaboration with the Fiscal Agent embedded in to NACA, Review of the financial management system at NACA and it’s sub-recipients entities to identify bottlenecks that may be a hindrance to the successful implementation of donor-funded projects.
- Review of current manuals to ensure that they are adequate for donor funded projects. The consultant will design effective controls to safeguard donor funds at NACA and sub-recipient levels for effective delivery of donor funded projects.
- Work with relevant directors within the agency to identify structural and operational challenges and inefficiencies in the financial management system.
- Work with management staff to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop / implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Strengthen capacity of financial and procurement teams of states project management units to better support their response to HIV/AIDS programs.
- Lead grant proposal submission and monitor grant applications.
- Build capacity and support relevant staff in donor contract management to ensure donor requirements are understood and complied with in addition to strengthening internal audit units to identify internal control weaknesses and developing mitigating measures.
- Ensure that all appropriate donor formats are available in-country and donor expectations at the proposal, kick off, amendment, reporting, close out and audit stage of Grants are understood.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with funding regulations, and NACA management policies and report same on a monthly basis to the Director General.
- Examine records and interview staff to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with extant laws and regulations and those of the funding agencies.
- Perform other responsibilities as may be required by the NACA DG.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration
- ICAN or equivalent degree CA, CPA, ACCA,CISA,CFE) strongly recommended
- A minimum of 10 years accounting or auditing and grants management experience
- Demonstrated experience working with donor funded programs
- Experience in budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Excellent skills in computerized accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong management, supervisory, and capacity building skills, including at least 5 years’ experience in managing teams of professional staff.
- Sound knowledge of the Government of Nigeria structures and policies relevant to the management and oversight of Global Fund programs will be an advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.