Full-time Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc: Food Safety and Quality Systems Manager Vacancy
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
The Job : Food Safety and Quality Systems Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The FSQM, Quality Assurance will assist and support the Quality Assurance Manager.
- The FSQM contributes to guarantee Food Safety of the product through ensuring the proper operation of the FS Systems.
- The FSQM ensures that Quality & Food Safety processes are formalized & compliant with corporate/regulatory/customers referential
- The FSQM will support the implementation of Danone Q&FS management system to ensure the improvement of the FS compliance and the development of a quality mindset
- The FSQM ensures FS risks prevention & management on daily basis
- Ensure excellence in execution of Trade quality Audits, Supplier Audits and Internal Audit.
Principal Accountabilities (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
Maintenance of the Food safety management system:
- Update the food safety management system
- Approve the PRP requirements
- Verify the accuracy of the flow diagrams by on-site checking.
- Conduct a hazard analysis to determine which hazards need to be controlled, the degree of control required to ensure food safety, and which combination of control measures is required.
- Plan and implement the processes needed to validate control measures and/or control measure combinations, and to verify and improve the food safety management system.
- Systematically evaluate the individual results of planned verification
- Analyse the results of verification activities, including the results of the internal audits and external audits.
- Evaluate the food safety management system at planned intervals
- Review the hazard analysis, the established operational PRP(s),and the HACCP plan
Trade Quality and Complaints management:
- Reception, analysis, investigation and close out of customer and consumer complaints
- help to identify the defect root cause addressed with proper corrective actions & monitor their implementation
- Conduct Quality Trade Audits of all stakeholders at predefined frequency
- Objective training and education of all stakeholder on product information and handling
- Maintain good relationship with all relevant government agencies
- Ensure that all products are registered
- Ensure compliance to all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Conduct Supplier Audits of all stakeholders at predefined frequency
- Communicate quality deviations related to R&P delivered to the plant to supplier
- Perform Supplier risk assessment
- Supplier development with SSD
Quality Systems management:
- Conduct relevant Necessary training
- Supervise & control of traceability system through regularly conducted exercises
- Manage document management system
- Conduct internal audit at predefined frequency
- Relevant reporting
Key Performance Index:
- FSSC 22 000 certification and daily FS system compliance in the plant
- Consistency between system & daily execution
- Efficient management of documentary system
- Building FS mind-set across all functions & at the shop floor level
- Handle & reduce QA&FS non conformities.
Critical Qualifications/Skills/Experience (IPE Factor: Knowledge)
The Qualified Applicant possesses the following Background:
- HND/B.Sc in Food Science &/or Technology, Biochemistry, Biology or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the food industry, 3 of which must Quality Assurance management
- Very good knowledge of the applicable quality and food safety standards (ISO, FS 22000, PRP’s, HACCP. GMP etc.) in the food industry and mandated by government regulations.
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Strong Analysis & Risk management skills
- Solid experience in Quality & Food safety Management Systems (Dairy-based recommended)
- Advanced MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel). Data analysis & management, graphs, tables, etc.
- External & internal auditor skills
- Good interpersonal relation & communication skills
- Ability to convince the others
- Structured mind & way of working
- Optimism “can do” attitude
- Capability to work under limited time & stress
- Team spirit
How To Apply