Full-time Fund Accountant at ARM Life Plc
ARM is a leading group of companies situated in Nigeria with branches scattered across the country. ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
The Job : Fund Accountant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- To manage the role and operations of the fund account unit, updating and developing accounting concepts in recording business and financial transactions while complying with local and international professional and regulatory requirements
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Administration of cheque payments process- raise payment documents, cover letters and bank transfer letters
- Assist in preparation of management accounts for ARM, ARMT & Retail Funds
- Liaison with third parties- insurance, auditors, tax officials, bank officials, stock brokers etc
- Client transaction review & update on databases- Hiport, Oracle etc
- Monitor the business activities of the organization through the maintenance and control of financial records
- Administer funds receipt process- generate documents to update databases- Hiport etc .
- Review acknowledgement letters and other client correspondence
- Preparation of management information reports on funds’ commitments, contributions and disbursements
- Preparation of periodic reports on utilization and expected future cash flows for funds
- Client portfolio valuations and management
- Any duties or responsibility that may be assigned by the Head, Operations
- Review of daily stock prices
- Review and update of client cash injection and withdrawals
- Portfolio loan administration
- Administration of savings scheme
- Booking of portfolio CP’s
- Review of mutual funds pricing
- General Relationship Managers’ request (to varied to list)
- Minimum of 6 years of cognate experience in similar role.
- Bachelor Degree from accredited university.
- MBA or other advanced degree in finance.
- Relevant professional qualifications in finance, and investment management.
Competency and Skills Requirements
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of Asset & Investment Management and the Financial Services Industry at large.
- Understanding of stock market operations
- Prior Investment Management Operations experience
- Sound understanding of trade flows and settlement processes
- Previous experience in cash management or stock reconciliation functions
- Strong statistics, data analysis and technical skills
- Strong experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger and financial reporting software
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Issues Management ability
- Good telephone manners
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Service orientation
- Customer focus
- Good telephone manners
- Client relations
- Strong organizational skills
How To Apply