Full-time Funds Account Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
Old Mutual Nigeria consists of a Life Assurance and General Insurance business and provides a wide spectrum of insurance solutions tailored to meet unique individual and corporate clients’ circumstances.
The Job : Funds Account Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
REF: 1191/NIGE/EU/Funds Account Officer/Nigeria/130319
Offer: Market Related
- This role is responsible for general accounting services for specific funds.
- The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts and the support of others.
- Prepare timely and accurate collection reports, expense reports, and other accounts for management use
- Manages external audits of client funds and ensure issues are resolved.
- Responsible for the completion of accounting tasks according to documented and specified processes.
- Responsible for treasury management of client funds in accordance with trustee instructions.
- Authorizes fund/scheme expenses and calculates taxes.
- Responsible for posting Transactions into their various General Ledger Codes
- Responsible for asset liability matching including validation of unit prices & reconciliations.
- Prepares management/trustee reports and statutory returns.
- Responsible for general ledger maintenance, including adjustments resulting from client transaction fixes.
- Initiates fund/scheme expenses.
- Manages investment reconciliations, disbursements and receipting.
- Helps maintain good relationships with stakeholders.
- Reconcile various accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly researching and correcting any variances.
Key Result Areas
- Produces accounts for client funds.
- Responsible for asset liability matching including validation of unit prices and reconciliations.
- Authorises fund/scheme expenses.
- Calculates taxes.
Governance & Compliance:
- Manages external audits of client funds and ensures issues are resolved.
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts and the support of others.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality over periods of 1 day to a maximum of three months.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
- Reviews monthly treasury activities – determines effect on fund/scheme accounts and makes appropriate recommendations.
Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree or its equivalent in the relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years work experience (relevant financial services experience is required)
- ACA, ACCA or any Accounting Professional qualification from recognised professional body would be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills
How To Apply