Contract Girl Effect: Expression of Interest – Call for Implementing Partners in Kano Recruitment
Girl Effect is a creative non-profit – experts in media, mobile, brand and international development – working where girls are marginalised and vulnerable.
We build youth brands and mobile platforms that millions of girls and boys love and interact with. From apps that build skills, TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written and distributed by girls.
The Job : Expression of Interest – Call for Implementing Partners in Kano
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
What We are Looking For
Girl Effect is seeking a nimble and established partner to work in Kano State to implement and raise awareness for Girl Effect products This partner must;
- Have adequate ties in Kano state with relationships within communities, ministries and local government bodies.
- Have prior experience working with vulnerable girls and boys and conducting advocacy work (in communities and state wide) for a product with purpose of influencing/ achieving a desired outcome.
- Be active in thematic coalitions of civil society groups and NGOs
- Have a dedicated M&E staff or program staff with basic M&E skills
- Have a sound accounting/internal control system with dedicated finance staff
- Be legally registered with relevant authority (ies). Registration with CAC is compulsory
Scope of Work
The specific tasks include:
Community Entry and Sensitisation: The partner will carry out sensitisation activities, courtesy visits with community leaders, parents and other stakeholders in selected communities and local governments and facilitate community meetings to obtain consent for Girl Effect implementation and girls’ participation.
Product Marketing and Advocacy: The partner will conduct marketing activities for Girl Effect, this includes but is not limited to:
- Gathering girls within the Girl Effect demographic in safe-spaces, town hall centres, youth centres etc. and marketing/demonstrating Girl Effect to them;
- Obtaining permissions from respective officials to conduct marketing in schools, churches/mosques or community centres in selected communities and local governments;
- Informing other NGOs/CBOs and development partners about Girl Effect and obtain their buy-in and support to use their channels/platforms to market Girl Effect;
- Conducting community roadshows/product showcases in girl-centered safe spaces and other avenues/methods suggested by the partner. These activities must be conducted in places where our demography are found
- The marketing activities will not only target girls but their gatekeepers as well. This means the partner will provide local insights on most effective and safest way to market Girl Effect to girls and their gatekeepers.
Validation Workshop: Girl Effect uses a girl-centred approach to its programs and all our products are developed in partnerships with girls who are most likely to use the project through workshops. A 2-3 day workshop will be conducted for Girl Effect to validate the translation of stories that will be used on various media platforms. The partner will be responsible for:
- Identifying/recruiting girls using an approved recruitment guide;
- Coordinating any necessary logistics, transportation, refreshments etc;
- Obtaining signed consent from parents / caregivers for their participation.
- Recruitment criteria will always be shared with the partner in advance.
Facilitating Integration into Existing Girl-Focused Programs: Girl Effect is designed to be a product that complements traditional girl programming. The partner will support the identification of relevant programs and opportunities to integrate Girl Effect into other partners’ activities and programs; for example: demonstrating the added-value of Girl Effect to organizations delivering girl safe spaces and/or clubs.
Facilitating Girl Effect-led Activities/Partnerships: The partner will coordinate meetings between Girl Effect, girls and their gatekeepers for project testing, evaluations or press trips; ensuring that signed consent is received from girls, parents/caregivers before each contact. The partner will also identify/facilitate partnerships with key stakeholders such as ministries and local government bodies as applicable to Girl Effect.
How To Apply
If interested, please send your company profile and other relevant details as requested here to [email protected] by close of work on 25 March 2019
Submissions must include:
- Copy of company registration documents, details of board members and company TIN
- A cover letter explaining why your organisation is suited to handle this project
- An overview of the approach to work (including activities, objectives, key deliverables and timeframe). .
- Examples of similar advocacy/marketing work done that required influencing/ achieving a desired outcome.
- Names and contact details of 3 references -preferably organisations and communities that have known or worked with your organisation for longer than 3 years
Please send all documents as one Word document.
Any questions can be directed to [email protected]