Full-time Global Career Company: Manufacturing Manager Recruitment
Global Career Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy focused on recruiting excellence for Emerging Markets. Established more than 12 years ago, the Company delivers a range of recruitment services through a diverse team of sector and market specialists and a range of well-known regional brands, including the highly successful Careers in Africa, Careers in Asia and Careers in Maghreb initiatives. At the heart of our solution is our 365 Global Talent Pool, an environment for recruiting high-calibre and high-potential emerging markets talent from locations around the world, encompassing all local, regional and international markets. By maintaining relationships with key partners worldwide, by building on a track record of credibility through successful outcomes for clients and candidates, by continuing to extend our leadership of knowledge in this market and by offering excellence across a diverse mix of industry, function and market requirements, we have become, and will remain, the consultancy of choice for more than 550 leading employers across the Emerging Markets.
The Job : Manufacturing Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Accountable for contract manufacture/packer management and operation in Nigeria. The role provides operational and strategic leadership in the set-up and management of manufacturing operations (Company owned or Contract Manufacturer) by ensuring that the operating model is sound and in line with long term strategic objectives of PepsiCo SSA.
The strategic purpose of this role is to build Nigeria operations know how for this role to be the manufacturing lead for a PepsiCo owned facility. The role is responsible for implementing contractual arrangements with 3rd parties and manages performance against set KPI’s of Quality, Food Safety, Occupational Safety, Service and Cost.
The role is tasked with building and managing collaborative, functional relationships with manufacturers/packagers operations, present and future.
- Develop and lead management of annual budget aligned with dynamic business needs
- Provides leadership in ensuring that manufacturing operations agreements are in place and implemented with 3rd party manufacturer(s) in line with agreements.
- Builds and manage good working relationships with Contract manufacturer(s)
- Manage and provide Technical support and training for contract manufacturer(s) on all production processes.
- Ensures that contract manufacturer(s) operates in compliance with agreed PepsiCo standards for Quality, Food Safety, Occupational Safety, Efficiencies , Inventory Control , Material Handling and Reporting.
- Collaborates cross functionally to develop and embed Performance Score Cards for contract manufacturer to drive Continuous improvement.
- Provides leadership in the resolution of Key Customer Complaints, tracking preventative and corrective action plans.
- Collaborate extensively with cross functional teams and contract manufacturer to ensure that records are up-to-date and maintained as identified and stipulated within the agreement.
- Collaborates extensively with Procurement/CS&L lead and contract manufacturer in country to understand production plan, raw materials & finished goods stock holding and engineering support requirements.
- Ensures that manufacturing Costs included in the Cost of Goods are verified monthly and within set goals, and if exceeding budget necessary alignment and approval to be obtained.
- Work closely with in country Finance Manager and contract manufacturer to propose or negotiate cost improvement initiatives.
- Conduct on-going analysis and follow up on performance and inefficiencies.
- Provide leadership collaboratively with cross functional teams to drive effectiveness of contract manufacturers as better businesses.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Manufacturing Manager
- Leadership ability
- Food Safety & Quality know how
- Collaborative & Team player
- Negotiation skills
- Drive for Results
- Analytical Thinking
- Participative and collaborative management
- Teamwork and ability to influence teams
- Strong communication skills
How To Apply