Full-time Gombe State University, Gombe Nigeria: Bursar Recruitment
The Governing Council of Gombe State University, Gombe hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
The Job : Bursar
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Gombe, Nigeria
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is the Chief Financial Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership, must possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in both private and public life and must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- Candidate for this post shall have a good honours degree in Accounting with a minimum of second class and must be a registered member of a professional body such as ICAN or ANAN.
- He or She must be ICT literate and complement with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages and must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) of which must be in the University System.
- The candidate must also have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar and should not be more than sixty (60) years at the point of assumption of duty.
Condition of Service
- The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar are as applicable in Nigerian Universities and also as determined by Council and Government from time to time.
- The Bursar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications noting and complying with the following conditions:
- Each Application Letter (20 copies) should be accompanied by 20 copies of the candidate’s detailed “Curriculum Vitae” (CV) signed and dated by the candidate. The CV must contain, among others, the candidate’s name in full, age, marital status, nationality, current address including e-mail and phone numbers, educational qualification with dates, recognition, professional achievement.
- Each application should be accompanied by a certificate of birth or statutory declaration of age, and certificate of medical fitness based on documented comprehensive, medical examination from a government hospital
- Each candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the candidate to forward their referee’s report directly to “The Registrar” under confidential cover. Such referees should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic standard, managerial capability and moral uprightness.
- All shortlisted candidates shall be required to make themselves available for interaction with the Selection Board.
All Applications are to be forwarded under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked at the upper left hand corner “Application For the Post of Bursar, Gombe State University, Gombe” to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Gombe State University,