Full-time Graphic Design and Social Media Intern at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
The Job : Graphic Design and Social Media Intern
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job number: 21460BR
Job Purpose and Key Deliverable
- The Social Media Executive will be fully responsible for managing all social media platforms of BATN Foundation, to increase the level of awareness and visibility on all its development activities.
- Multi-Media Storytelling: Capture and curate dynamic photo and video assets that allow us to share human interest stories of smallholder farmers and agri-business development.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy and web based campaigns
- Assist in the creation or update of design and layout of communication materials for online media including arts, graphics and infographics for social media accounts and intranet
- Assist in the preparation of analytical reports and presentations containing statistics and performance of website(s) and social media accounts managed by the Communications Unit;
- Assist in the management and update of mailing lists used by the Communications Unit
- Draft and schedule content for social media channels
- Explore new online and social media tools and implement best practices
- Support in writing communications materials
- Employ the use of Social Networking Analysis Tools (SNAT) to measure the effectiveness of different social media channels.
- Actively engage in activities and interactions on agri-business development and related matters to promote corporate messaging and drive traffic to the company website and social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts, Mass Communication, social studies and any other relevant area
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a digital storyteller or related field
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency with Microsoft office products and the full set of Adobe Creative Suite of tools including – Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and functional knowledge of file compression and decompression, image formats and optimization techniques
- Strong creative skills in writing, visual and digital storytelling.
- Media-savvy (Active on Social Media) and have readily available online portfolios(s) showing examples of most recent work or social media following.
- Great team spirit and ability to work well with others.
How To Apply