Group Subsidiary Control Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
The Job :Group Subsidiary Control Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Department: Finance Group
Report to: Team Lead-Financial Reporting
Grade: Assistant Officer – Officer
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, July 2, 2018
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s finaanncial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant Exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The incumbent will participate in all accounting activities of the Exchange and subsidiaries; render all statutory returns of the group including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) quarterly returns; coordinate and ensure full tax compliance of the Exchange and subsidiaries and rendering returns to relevant authorities across the group.
- Responsible for reconciliation, postings and consolidation of financial returns from the branches Responsible for preparing and rendering all statutory returns to the relevant authorities
- Facilitate timely postings of all transactions into the applicable business or financial systems
- Responsible for processing transactions after ensuring that necessary approvals are in place
- Provide proofing of all General Ledger accounts for subsidiaries and branches and escalating( where applicable) outstanding open items to the team leader and or CFO
- Ensure duties as divisional controller are carried out effectively and timeously; this includes taking ownership of assigned division’s budgeting process and its monthly/quarterly performance reporting/reviews
- Responsible for filing of all transactional documents in a neat and easily retrievable manner. Coordinate external audit exercises and other statutory inspections of the subsidiaries’ books
- Liaise with the relevant tax agencies and the Exchange’s tax consultant
Qualifications and Experience
- To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have: Minimum of 2 years work experience in financial control of a bank or financial services firm, top firm of auditors or Investment Management Company
- University degree with emphasis on Economics, Finance & Accounting or any other Numerate courses (Sciences and Engineering)
- At least one relevant professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, ACA will be an advantage.
- Analytical Thinking
- Audit Reporting
- Business Analysis
- Financial Acumen
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Management
- Financial Reconciliation
- Financial Reporting
- Numeric Skills
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Inter-Personal Relations
How To Apply