Full-time Head, Internal Control and Audit at Crossover Microfinance Bank Ltd
Crossover Microfinance bank Ltd was first incorporated under the name Pacific Savings and Loans Ltd in 1992. With a new focus and team in 2010 the bank was later rebranded Crossover Savings and Loans Ltd aka Crossover Mortgage Bankers.
The Job : Head, Internal Control and Audit
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Objective: To design and supervise the implementation of an effective internal control and audit framework for the bank.
To investigate all cases of non-compliance or infractions of internal policies, procedures and external regulatory standards as well as make recommendations to management as applicable.
Location: Ikeja, Lagos.
- Design, revise or update appropriate internal control, audit & compliance strategy and framework for the bank.
- Plan and control audit activities in line with the overall business goals and objectives within the country
- Identify control lapses/policy inadequacies through investigations for process improvement
- Design audit work plan for the year and coordinate audit activities across regions
- Oversee activities of regional audit teams for maximum effectiveness
- Carry out spot checks on operational activities at branch, area and regional levels and take action on infractions or non-compliance issues
- Receive and review all monthly regional audit and control reports and identify issues for necessary action.
- Carry out periodic stocks and staff audit in all branches.
- Carry out periodic price verification and certification and certificate of payment vouchers
- Conduct periodic checks on payroll.
- Ensure the periodic reconciliation of transactions are carried out.
- Ensure that prompt investigation of frauds, forgeries, breach of policies and procedures and serious customer complaints are conducted and ensure necessary action is taken on the outcome
- Work with Finance department and external auditors to ensure successful conduct of a comprehensive audit exercise
- Make recommendation for policy amendments based on emerging issues in audit and internal control
- Appraises subordinates promptly and objectively, and follows up on action points resulting from the appraisal
- Takes responsibility for the training, coaching and mentoring of subordinates
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by the Managing Director or by the Board
- A good bachelor degree/HND in Accountancy, plus professional accounting certification. MBA or MSC will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in a reputable firm, Experience in a microfinance bank setting in related role is an added advantage.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office programmes
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge of best practices in internal control and audit
- Knowledge of existing regulatory framework
- Strategic thinking
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flair for details
- Team building skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CVs to: [email protected] .