Full-time Hilton Worldwide: Assistant Purchasing Manager Vacancy
Hilton Worldwide is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 4,200 hotels, resorts and timeshare properties comprising more than 690,000 rooms in 93 countries and territories.
The Job : Assistant Purchasing Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- An Assistant Purchasing Manager will oversee and ensure that all purchase request are resolved and items delivered in a timely manner at the right price with the best quality.
- Collaborate with the stores and other user department in maintaining a proper inventory management system.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships and provide periodic reports to the Finance department.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Purchasing Manager, you will ensure the timely resolution of purchase request, have oversight on high value and high volume requests, strategic sourcing of special requests, reduce costs and out of stock, maintain vendor records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with the purchasing of all goods and equipment required by the hotel
- Purchase the correct goods and materials at a competitive prices and proper quantities/volumes
- Maintain and update the vendor information through a Management System
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with regular reports on goods purchased and inventory levels so to allow for more effective future purchasing
- Report all monthly savings to the Hotel and Regional Team
- Develop and build the department and maintain absolute credibility and transparency in so doing
- Work with hotel management to improve the purchasing process as a way to drive and achieve efficiency & cost optimisation, reduce waste and improve profitability
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas
- Attend finance meetings and regional purchasing meetings, as required
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
- Serve your role and Team in an environmentally-conscience manner
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Purchasing Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- 5 years previous experience in a strategic purchasing or category management role
- Computer literate, with excellent MS skills especially Excel
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- A professional Certification in Purchasing or Supply Chain
- A person of absolute integrity who will continue to drive our ethical standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience with the Micros Material Control system
- Relevant Degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Hospitality industry experience
How To Apply