Full-time Honeywell International: Incubator Director Recruitment
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Incubator Director
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Req No: HRD68486
- Build and develop Honeywell business footprint and growth across the West Africa Region..
- Have a clear insight into market opportunities and prioritize business investment and commercial development.He / she needs to understand the long term competitive environment and define where and how Honeywell will play
- Promote and improve cross-fertilization and portfolio management between the SBG’s. Accelerate Honeywell market penetration and identify alignment and partnership opportunities, notably in the software and digital space.
- Create a strong platform which facilitates growth covering organic growth, M&A, customer relationships and commercialization strategies (e.g. new customers, product development, pricing, etc).
- Build a strong and cohesive leadership team and maintain a high caliber ‘united’ leadership group and Honeywell culture.
- Establish the appropriate organization structure and processes which best align with customer needs.
Area of responsibility
- Create a synergistic and cost effective group platform to support the further growth and development of the four (4) operating business groups. This will include effectively allocating resources within the region to drive growth as well as building group functions such as Finance, MIS, Human Resources, Legal / Tax / Treasury, Advertising / Communications etc.
- Will have geographic (not business unit) P&L responsibility for activities in the region and be accountable for capital utilization.
- One of the key responsibilities of the job will be to formulate together with the SBG’s, the strategic plan for the Region growth and to build a superior Regional business.
- Organize and coordinate all business activities in Region across Honeywell’s businesses and leverage the breadth and depth of the company’s product and solutions portfolio to create a total value proposition to customers and employees.
- As a senior Leader, will drive teamwork initiatives and “best practice” values and vision throughout the organization.He/she must be a strong team builder and leader who is capable of attracting, recruiting and developing local talent.
- Develop, protect, and nurture customer relationships.
- Provide firm overall stewardship of the company’s activities in the region, interacting closely with the functional leaders in EMEA and Emerging Markets, the senior management team at corporate headquarters, and the Heads of the four (4) business groups based in the United States.
- Help articulate and sell strategy across the business in Region and globally, particularly with a view to improving cross-fertilization and portfolio management between the SBGs.
- Identify and coordinate resources within and outside the company needed to support strategic commercial developments.The successful candidate is expected to provide coordination and alignment of cross-business resources to support cross-business growth initiatives.
- Work with other emerging markets to define strategic synergies.
- Serves as a senior statesman and “Ambassador” for Honeywell in the region to advocate and evangelize the overall corporate mission and goals with multiple constituents particularly government and public agencies.He/she is expected to continuously enhance the company’s image and reputation, and improve its marketplace position.In short, build Honeywell’s brand as a supplier and employer of choice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements
Education level and/or relevant experience(s):
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Engineering, acquired at a top university, plus a post graduation in management or an MBA certification will be desirable.
- Full understanding of the local market regarding legislation, financial and tax issues.
- Demonstrable record of leadership. He/she must be a well-rounded businessperson who is highly commercial in outlook; mature and with the flexibility of style that he/she can work through influence and coaching when appropriate but also be willing and able to take a much more direct approach when circumstances required.
- Senior executive, most probably from an industrial or oil & gas background with demonstrable track record of success in strategizing, growing and developing multi-division P&L businesses.
- Demonstrated experience with business development and technology transfer responsibility across cultures and geography employing varied approaches including alliances, joint-ventures, acquisitions and so on.
- A global thinker who possess the ability to critically assess alternative opportunities and exercise proper business judgment with an owner’s perspective.
- Superior knowledge of the region
- Experience negotiating directly with public and private companies, partners, institutions, distribution agents and other stakeholders in the industrial/infrastructure business.Create value-added, win-win relationships with multiple constituents.
- Must have strong communication skills, as the position will require extensive communication with US-based top management at Group and divisional level and ability to: (i) relate to product Group Management agenda; and (ii) influence agenda to grow the business in the region and globally.This person will be expected to lead as a hands-on manager.
- Proven track record of effective multi-culture management skills and ability to manage senior level relationships within the region including key members of the business community and government leaders on international, national, state and local levels.
Leadership and management behavioral competencies:
- Seasoned leadership and executive presence to gain credibility and influence strategic decisions with senior leadership team.
- Mature self-starter who is entrepreneurial, resourceful and results oriented. Strong character.
- Effective communicator and listener.Must be culturally sensitive and demonstrated success building relationships with various constituents in foreign countries.
- Demonstrates self-confidence and decisiveness. Develops confidence in people and entire organizations that leads to responsible risk-taking and abilities to win.
- Understands cultures, organizational behavior, mentality and buyer psychology to develop strategic marketing and sales plans.
- Consistently challenges and improves thinking and decision-making processes and outcomes. Consistently offers innovative thinking and sophisticated judgments that lead to results.
- Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Diversity. Demonstrates high integrity and develops organizations with unquestioned levels of integrity – never compromises because of the pressure of the day.Inspires and earns trust and respect from those they lead.Displays behaviors that clearly show respect for others and with all their diversity. Puts the company’s needs first and practices teamwork across all boundaries.
- Ability to attract, recruit, and retain world-class executives within local operating environment.
- Passionate and constantly thinking and acting on behalf of the company.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply