Full-time Human Resource Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Job : Human Resource Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Human Resources Assistant will be based in Monguno, Borno state and work under the supervision of the Base HR Officer.
- The Human Resource Assistant will provide support in developing and maintaining a filing system as well as implementing office policies and procedures.
- He/she will provide support to the Base HR Officer for certain aspects of the recruitment process.
- The HR Assistant will also support the HR team in various aspects of the training and development of staff.
The specific tasks and responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for pension and salary account openings or changes.
- Be the focal point for dissemination of documents to the field offices.
- Maintain all Action Against Hunger communication boards as directed by the HR Officer.
- Maintain a database of all staff information, documents, expiration dates, etc. and follow up with the appropriate staff member with any missing documents or information.
- Provide administrative support for staff welfare programs/activities.
- Distribution of pay slips to staff as well as updating electronic excel spreadsheets and contract database.
- Assist the base HR Officer in the collection and filing of documents to create complete recruitment files for all positions.
- Support the base HR Officer with new-employee orientations.
- Assist the HR Officer in the practical organization of training as requested and maintenance of training files.
The successful candidate will
- Have a bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management or equivalent years of experience in HR/administrative support positions.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Have excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Pay excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Have the capacity to analyze, synthesize and report large amounts of information.
- Have previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs preferably.
- Be fluent in one or more National/regional languages an asset (Hausa).
- Have an understanding of national labor law and employment norms/practices.
How To Apply