Full-time Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC): Governance & Compliance Supervisor Recruitment
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The Job : Governance & Compliance Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To provide specialist advice, support and to drive Corporate Governance and Compliance , thereby ensuring the efficient operation of the Ikeja Electric’s decision making mechanisms. Also, that its operations follow the legal and regulatory requirements as it relates to our business and industry.
- Develop, implement and manage the compliance framework to achieve the Company’s goal of regulatory compliance at all times.
- Ensure information flow to internal and external stakeholders are reliable, correct and approved in line with regulatory requirements and business sustainability at all times.
- Ensure compliance and timely delivery of all routine and adhoc reports per Ikeja Electric’s regulatory obligations.
- Classify various stakeholders and understand regulatory or contractual relationship (orders, codes statutes or agreements etc.) thereby developing a framework to highlight duties, obligations, roles, penalties, remedies, dispute resolution, risk and mitigation strategy in line with governance and compliance expectations.
- Conduct periodic compliance assessments of the Company’s adherence to laws, regulations, orders, policies and processes.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations.
- Coordinate or oversee regulatory submissions and reporting activities.
- Track all issues referred to compliance up to and including resolution.
- Implement, manage and embed a corporate governance and compliance framework for Ikeja Electric and ensure that there are policies, processes, procedures and risk management guidelines required to maximize shareholders and stakeholder values.
- Support the development and implementation of a culture of governance and compliance at Ikeja Electric in line with the Board approved policies and the Code of Corporate Governance.
- Ensure continuous awareness of all staff and other stakeholders of Ikeja Electric on governance and regulatory requirements – via training and newsletters.
- Develop and review policies and processes.
- Advise Management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations, and their impact through detailed reports/advisory memos.
- Provision of operational support and practical advice, geared towards effective and efficient management of the company’s regulatory compliance risks.
- Develop the Company’s annual Sustainability Report.
- Provide company secretarial support
- Corporate Administration – (Policy development, formulation and implementation)
- Stakeholder management – (Negotiation and Conflict resolution)
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry
- Good knowledge of risk management.
- Strong ability to analyze data, prepare reports, policies, presentations and legal opinions
- Good knowledge of key regulatory requirements as it relates to the business
- Good investigative skills
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – especially, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- A degree in Law and professional certification from the Nigerian Law School.
- A minimum of 4 years of cognate experience in corporate governance, compliance, corporate/commercial law or a relevant discipline such as risk management, internal control, ethics management, or internal audit.
- Additional professional certification would be an added advantage – e.g ICSA, ACAMS
- Good interpersonal skills
- Drive and enthusiasm in getting things done
- Ability to interact with all cadres of staff
- Attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate complex compliance issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Proficient analytical skills
- Ability to work under minimal/moderate supervision and as a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and perform well under pressure
- ability to adapt in a positive manner to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to supervise others
- Possess a high degree of ethics, integrity and professionalism
- Resourceful and always willing to learn and impart knowledge
How To Apply