Full-time Inlaks Recruitment – Chief Technical Officer
Inlaks – Established in 1982, Inlaks is an Information Technology Systems Integrator specialized in the deployment of dynamic and highly scalable ICT Infrastructure Solutions. Our customers cuts across various segments including Banking, Telecommunication, Oil/Gas, Power, Utilities and the Distribution sectors of the economy. INLAKS also deploys Commercial/Resource Planning Software and Services to many multinational companies.
The Job : Chief Technical Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Inlaks seeks to hire an experienced and highly qualified Chief Technical Officer (CTO) with a proven track record of leading and managing technology teams within medium-sized or large dynamic organizations. The selected individual is:
- Responsible for contributing towards executive decisions with regards to partnerships, innovation and operations across the regions
- Expected to contribute towards defining the company’s strategy and responsible for defining his unit’s strategy along with the Executive Director
- Manages his unit’s budget and making investments that align with the company’s vision
- Ensures that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects within agreed deadlines and budget
- Develops and maintains a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical IT management positions.
- Partners with business leaders to create robust solution roadmaps that are integrated with architecture and operations.
IT Strategy & Planning:
- Leverage technology to build business value
- As a member of the senior management team, make key contribution to the formulation of the company’s business and technology strategies.
- Proactively advise the senior management team on the emerging technologies and digital trends that are most relevant to the company’s goals and evolving needs.
- Help determine investment parameters, priorities and risks for company-wide IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Establish metrics for managing IT effectiveness and for measuring IT impact on the business.
- Technology Operations (inclusive of Service, Policy and Community Relations, Risk Management and Information Security)
- Oversee all operations (but cohesively partner with other Units of the company) including but not limited to Engineering, Product Innovation, Data Science, Security & Infrastructure and Business Intelligence.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications.
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
- Identify emerging technology trends and ensure the company is leveraging them when appropriate to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and drive value.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies.
- Represent the organization, along with other top executives, from a technology perspective to partners, coalitions, government and community organizations and technology trade groups.
- Align IT risk management with corporate risk posture.
- Ensure compliance with security and cyber requirements and other recognized security standards.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and security-related procedures.
- Oversees disaster response and business continuity initiatives.
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with company business objectives.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Develop and execute an analytics program that will allow company business leaders to make data-based decisions.
- Hire, develop, evaluate and retain a highly-qualified team of IT professionals within the Business Unit.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability in IT.
- Ensure that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects within agreed deadlines.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical IT management positions.
- Partner with business leaders to create robust solution roadmaps that are integrated with architecture and operations.
- Lead and manage the Software Development and IT teams to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of our users.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development and IT infrastructure, while supporting the product teams to meet current and future user needs.
- B.Sc. preferably in related field such as Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology;
- MBA or MSc degree in a related field is an added advantage;
- Exposure to Core Banking Solutions, digital banking, networking, server administration
- Strong project and team management skills
- 10+ years of experience spanning IT (in hardware, networking, software development, product and engineering- related roles e.t.c)
- Proven track record of IT leadership, financial management, and strategic planning
- Experience with and thrives in a fast-paced ICT environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Highly analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills and strong business acumen.
- Strong software development, project management, process development and resource management expertise.
- Knowledge of software applications
- Experience developing and supporting mission-critical applications and complex business technology solutions.
- Deep expertise employing SDLC methodologies including agile and scrum.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) with an ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.