Full-time Internal Communications Officer at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The Job : Internal Communications Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reporting To: Team Lead, Internal and Digital Communications
- The Internal Communications Officer will assist the Team Lead to create and maintain positive relationships between Ikeja Electric and its stakeholders using a comprehensive media mix of outlets.
- Production of press releases and managing public events.
- Managing all channels, processes and content for Internal Communications in Ikeja Electric including the intranet, email, employee blog and screen savers
- Ensuring organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to all employees
- Executing internal campaigns around key employee engagement and HR projects as required.
- Working closely with team lead to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities
- Promote brand advocacy through specialized campaigns in partnership with other segments of the business
- Providing periodic structured feedback to executive management
- Planning content and writing copies for all internal publications including content for website pages and scripts for presentations, videos and podcast.
- Measuring effectiveness and outcome of internal communications strategic initiatives and general outreach
- From time to time, commission surveys or contact members of the target audience (internally) to discuss their views.
- B.Sc. in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in a communications related field
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, such as SEO and email marketing will be added advantage
- Excellent Written Communications Skills
- Excellent Verbal Communication
- Great Speech Writing
- Compelling Presentation Skills
- Editing Skills
- Logical Thinking
- Creative Communication
- Microsoft Office
- Feedback Tracking/Monitoring
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to use a computer with relative ease and little or no supervision
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good Interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and effectively manage tight time lines
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective dispute management
- Persuasive personality
How To Apply