Full-time International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC): Geographical Information Officer I Vacancy
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The Job :Geographical Information Officer I
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Organize and maintain the Geo-database of the delegation.
- Filing and storing of geo-data and meta-data following ICRC GIS Guidelines.
- Trains/coaches ICRC staff on the preparation of data to be processed with the GIS, on utilisation of GPS, ICRC Geoportal, ICRC map search Portal and other GIS tools in the GIS resource centre.
- Regular GIS support missions (Sub-delegations, Offices. Etc.).
- Networking with external actors in order to upgrade quality and extend coverage of geo-data
- Prepare and maintain basic geo-referential data for neighboring countries and remote GIS Support.
- Produce quarterly activities maps for the delegation, and for each department separately.
- Support the delegation activities with web map production and visualizations using ArcGIS/ArcGIS online.
- Supports ICRC Nigeria delegation on map production, geo-data analysis and implementation of geospatial projects
- Contribute to the data processing, Water habitat material management, technical reports writing and material orders
- Technical college or University degree in GIS or related field.
- 4 years work experience in a similar function.
- Ability to comfortably work with ArcGIS, ArcGIS online, Adobe illustrator, Garmin Basecamp, Google Earth, ArcGIS Earth, QGIS or other GIS mapping software.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC Policies and procedures.
- Confirmed capacity to work independently.
- Capacity to train others in GIS.
- Willingness of self-education in GIS, Web Mapping and IT tools.
- Very good database managements skills.
- Good analysis and synthesis capacities.
- Adaptable and Autonomous
- Efficient and Organized
- Communicative and clear
- Responsible and reliable
How To Apply
Applicants should send their Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to:[email protected] Clearly indicate “Geographical Information Officer 1 Abuja” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
Languages you speak
Years of relevant experience
Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.