Full-time International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA): Research Technician II Recruitment
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries.
The Job : Research Technician II
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ibadan, Oyo and Kano
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
Slot: 2 Openings
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in planning and planning and establishment of laboratory, screen house and field trials and data collection;
- Assist in post-harvest data management and analysis;
- Partiticipate in any training program for visiting students and appraisal exercise for technicians;
- Suprvise subordinate staff and students on Students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES);
- Carry out assignments of ad-hoc nature as may be delegated by the supervisor.
- OND in Crop Production, General Agriculture or related discipline with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar functions or related roles in a structured organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good computer skills in MS-office and xxcknowledge in experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Basic knowledge of crop management operations especially in seed production farms;
- Good time management skills;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work pressure;
- Good interpersonal relationships with other colleagues.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply