Full-time International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – HarvestPlus: Project Accounts Officer Vacancy
HarvestPlus on behalf of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at its country office in Abuja:
The Job : Project Accounts Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
Financial Management and Reporting:
- Align IITA’s financial report system with HarvestPlus format and ensure timely submission of quarterly and annual reports to country manager and headquarters
- Periodically review strategy, key financial activities and performance reports and take appropriate action to ensure achievement of the institution’s financial objectives
- Identify risks and long-term financial implications of intended corporate projects/ initiatives, and advices management accordingly
- Manage all finance and accounting operations, including budgets forecasts, audit, payroll, accounts receivable & payable and strategic planning.
- Ensure compliance with internal control processes, adherence to donor financial regulations and ensure that all expenses are within approved project budget lines.
- Develop and prepare accurate and timely monthly financial reports and prepare ad hoc reports as needed for budgeting and planning purposes
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely
- Provide quality control checks ensuring that all valid financial transactions are entered correctly into the relevant accounting systems including the QuickBooks
- Ensure financial records are kept in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and readily available for internal/external reviewers and follow-up on internal/external audit findings
- Oversee filing of electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports and maintenance of payment records of all invoices received
- Work with visiting scientists/experts to process transfer of funds and prepare reports of expenditure for special projects
- Provide support to contracted partners and state teams in financial management and reporting
- Interact with staff to provide support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Maintain confidentiality on project/staff/partner/vendor finances and observe financial protection guidelines
Budgeting and Budget Management:
- Design systems, procedures and reporting necessary to maintain on current basis accurate forecasts of cash requirements for meeting future spending
- Prepare and submit budget using past financial trends and forecast to Country manager for approval
- Lead the costing exercise of the annual work plan based on approved funding and previous years expenditure
- Track monthly expenditure against forecasts and work plan budget, informing management on substantial deviation from approved work plan.
- Support the development of partners contract and collate mid and year-end financial reports for performance assessment and record keeping
- Ensure that appropriate balances are maintained to facilitate smooth project implementation
- Prepare monthly budget controls and periodic progress reports to head office Perform other related tasks to be assigned by Supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting or Financial Management with five (5) years relevant experience performing similar role in a well-structured organization. Possession of ACA or ACCA, CFA is highly essential.
- Good Understanding of accounting principles, practices and procedure
- Experience in finance and administration, budget development and management
- Good knowledge in the use of financial management tools /software including QuickBooks, use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook applications etc
- High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and professional maturity
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, social skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply