Internship International Organization for Migration (IOM): Intern (Project Assistant-Reporting & Communication) Recruitment
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Job : Intern (Project Assistant-Reporting & Communication)
Job Status: 6 months Internship with possibility of extension
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
SVN No.: CFCV2019.72
Working under the overall supervision of the Program Manager and the direct supervision of the Project Officers, the candidate will support the by carrying out the below tasks.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Keep abreast of all developments in the Migration Management programmes to prepare appropriate internal and donor reports, briefing and background notes, and other documentation as required;
- Liaise closely with all Units to gather and collate accurate data about migration management related activities;
- Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation and indicators to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports;
- Work closely with Information Management and other programme staff, where applicable, to ensure accurate and effective data presentation, graphics and maps;
- Assist in organizing regular coordination meetings involving implementing partners, ensure timely distribution of the outcomes and tracking of action points;
- Prepare information as required for missions and visitors on IOM Nigeria’s Migration Management related activities;
- Assist in ensuring visibility of Migration Management Unit’s programmatic interventions;
- Demonstrate excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills;
- Competent in the use of MS office including latest publishing and graphics software;
- Familiarity with EU, UK and US donor requirements;
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated, between 18 and 36 years old, who have less than two years of relevant working experience.
- Students holding a scholarship for internship placements in international organizations and/or for whom internship is required to complete their studies;
- Students sponsored by governmental/non-governmental institutions and/or academia to work on specific areas relevant to both IOM and the sponsor;
- Background in Development Studies, Migration Studies, Economics, International Relations, Business Administration and other related Social Sciences;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and internet applications.
- Personal commitment, efficiency and results-driven.
- Sound administration and organizational skills with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a highly confidential manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new, different environment.
- Fluent in English, Working knowledge of local language
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: [email protected] indicating position applied on subject line
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2019.73 Lagos. INTERN (Project Assistant-Data Management)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.