Full-time International Organization for Migration (IOM): Office Aide Recruitment
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Job : Office Aide
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
SVN No. : SVN2019/10
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer, Abuja and relevant head of missions, and the direct supervision Logistics Assistant, the incumbent will perform the below responsibilities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of the relevant office premises, including vacuuming, cleaning and garbage disposal of office areas, corridors, balconies and toilets.
- Maintain adequate stocks of cleaning materials, toiletries and other consumables as required; restock as required.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the surrounding garden area; including landscaping, watering, fertilizing and maintenance of shrubs and trees as and when required;
- Prepare and serve tea to IOM staff and visitors as required;
- Assist with photocopying, collating and scanning documents; send faxes; support office re-cycling initiative; and distribution of documents/ packages as required;
- Support the Reception duties as and when required;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Previous experience in similar capacity;
- Preferably within the United Nations or within the International Organizations;
- Fluency in English and Native Language;
- Fluency in multiple languages advantageous;
Required Competencies/ Behavioural
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications to: [email protected] Indicating position applied on the subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2019/10 Lagos. Office Aide G1”.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.