Full-time International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC): College Librarian Vacancy
The International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC) is a charitable non-governmental educational institution with a vision to promote inclusive human capital development within the context of evolving national (Nigerian) needs and global competitiveness.
IVTEC is a pioneering technical and vocational education model initiated by the Kwara State Government (KWSG). KWSG provided the initial funding and partnered with worldrenowned City & Guilds International for the design and construction of campus facilities, acquisition of training equipment and general administrative structure. As an NGO, the organizational and financial structure of IVTEC allows for an array of partnerships and collaborations with individuals, business and industry from within and outside Nigeria to ensure its future financial sustainability.
The Job : College Librarian
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ajase-Ipo, Kwara
Reporting To: Management
Years in Career: 3
About the Role
- The College Librarian is the Chief Library Officer of the college and reports to the College Rector.
- He/she oversees the administration of the College Library and the coordination of the Library Services of the International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College(IVTEC).
- He/she will provide all students with an enriched library environment containing a wide variety and range of materials that will invite intellectual growth, and to aid students in acquiring the skills needed to take full advantage of library resources.
Key Performance Areas
- The College Librarian is responsible for formulation and implementation of Library policy.
- Contacts and liaises with academic departments for book requirements.
- Preparation of Library Budget and submit to the Finance Manager for approval.
- Give professional advice to the Rector and other members of the senior staff on Library matters.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the College Library.
- Supports the mission of the college and contributes to achieving the learning outcomes of the college.
- Collaborates with senior staff and academic departments to provide a rich learning environment and appropriate resources to encourage student engagement in all aspects of inquiry, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Track and assess library services and library resources usage, analyse data to improve resources and services and inform innovation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Technology, Library Science or related field. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Registered membership with The Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) will be a stand-out advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an equivalent position in a higher institution (preferably a Vocational and Technical College).
- High computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and data base software.
- Ability to take initiatives to fast-track the development of a College Library to a standard of international repute.
- Evidence of thorough understanding of the application of new technologies to library operations and services.
- Capability to initiate research and be knowledgeable in the application of Computer to Library operations and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Ability to exhibit interpretive and reasoning skills and also be able to instruct.
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission of a Vocational and Technical College.
- An understanding of how the library contributes to learning in a TVET college.
- Ability to provide collaborative leadership in planning, implementation and evidence-based improvement of library services, programs, and technology.
- Demonstrated administrative and management experience in library settings, including advocacy, budgeting, collection development, resource sharing, and personnel supervisory experience.
- Contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals within and outside Nigeria.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in scholarly communication, pedagogy, and librarianship such as copyright, plagiarism, intellectual freedom, technology, and evidence-based improvement.
- Ability to work successfully within a collaborative and collegial environment and to nurture this ability in others.
- Personal integrity that fosters respect for all members of a diverse academic community.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, planning, and coordination skills Self-motivated, flexible, patient, and solutions-oriented.
- Able to set own priorities, work effectively under pressure, and meet frequently occurring deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical traits required are: ability to have repetitive hand motions; ability to adjust eye to bring an object into focus; judge distance (close and distant); distinguish colours and have visual acuity.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit the following documents below by email to: [email protected]
Letter of interest.
Provide three (3) references familiar with your professional background. (Name, Tel. Number and Email add.).