Full-time INTERSOS: Case Worker Recruitment
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
The Job : Case Worker
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Borno, Nigeria
Work Location: Based in one of the following location: Bama, Dikwa, Ngala, Magumeri and Monguno
Reporting to: Case Worker Team Leader
Supervision of: Protection Community Volunteers
The Case Worker is responsible for assessing women and children’s immediate needs, developing
immediate care and treatment goals, and implementing and monitoring women and children clients’ care action plans.
KEY JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain daily contact with the community based social workers/monitoring Officers to gather information on cases requiring support;
- Provide appropriate and timely case management by creating a climate of trust and care, conduct introduction and first intake assessment, case action planning and implementing the action plan
- steps, case follow up and case closure as per agreed standards;
- Provide basic emotional support (based on the IASC MHPSS guidelines pyramid) for each case and for their close family members, as required;
- Conduct individual assessments for the provision of material assistance, shelter kit and dignity kit or/and transportation costs for medical treatment, as required;
- Refer clients to appropriate services and when necessary directly accompany them to different service providers;
- Support the local NGO/CSO partner case workers to improve case management in target areas;
- Lead weekly internal case management meetings and make prompt reports/bring to the immediate attention any case of special/emergency needs to the Protection Officer;
- Conduct with the service mapping assessment in the target areas and support the development of referral systems with different service providers and the local NGO/CSO partner;
- Develop good relationships and coordination with service providers and community stakeholders to improve identification and provide adequate referral information;
- Plan and conduct service awareness with the Protection Officer and local NGO/CSO partner;
- Support the Protection Officer to prepare monthly report on activities and conduct site visits to verify and assess activity implementation and the quality of services clients are referred to;
- Identify and report gaps in the availability of services and quality of service provision for clients in the target areas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University degree in a related field e.g. Social Science
- Minimum one year work experience with international/national NGOs and/or local authorities in the Nigerian context with the same position
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
- Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems;
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa Languages
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and being able to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
- Good cooperation skills, ability to work well independently and in a team;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
- Computer literate (Word and Excel);
How To Apply