Full-time Interswitch Group Recruitment – Purchasing Supervisor
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Purchasing Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To plan, source, enable, monitor, control, and report on all purchasing processes related to satisfying customer requisitions as approved by management.
- The ordering and order fulfilment of supplies as so approved. Supplier relationship management, and supplier performance management as guided by the Head of Department.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- In addition to Supervising the Purchasing unit’s functions:
- Assist the HOD in the role of sourcing & acquisition at the best price & quality of suppliers, and of materials and services needed by customers.
- Analyse procurement requirements and select the most appropriate methods based on the interpretation and assessment according to Management approved policies and practices, and experience.
- Draft in conjunction with Legal and users – supplier contracts.
- Monitor and review progress of such contractual agreements and consult with vendors and/or user departments to implement corrective action when required.
- Analyze, negotiate and prepare contractual agreements, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interests of the company.
- Periodic contract review of partner suppliers:
- Support contract negotiations and reviews.
- Strive to achieve ‘Perfect Order Fulfilment’ wherever necessary.
- Achieve cost savings targets as set by Management and the business.
- Processing of all Purchase requisitions, ensuring that all details required for a PO are correctly captured.
- Order Management- Receiving quotes, raising purchase orders, tracking vendor payments and delivery of goods ordered.
- Support internal customers (Backbone, Business and Sales) on all procurement matters as well as on related processes and terms (e.g. Tendering Process, Purchase Requisitioning, Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quotations (RFQ) etc.).
- Generation of Purchase Orders according to agreed terms and conditions on MS Dynamics AX.
- Ensure suppliers send proper Invoices on all Purchase Orders.
- Process daily SCM Petty Cash expenses with proper approvals.
- Create and maintain procurement records, including electronic records in the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (Microsoft Dynamics AX) system as well as on the file server; ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
- Periodic Market Price Survey.
- Periodically request and review price of items in the market compared to that of registered suppliers to continually ascertain best prices.
- Periodic research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality based on the annual/quarterly purchasing plan.
- To identify better supplier sources:
- Conduct quality checks in conjunction with user(s) of goods received to determine fitness for purpose and compliance to terms stated on the PO.
- Arrange for samples, testing and evaluation of new products and ensuring HODs’ awareness of product lines of new and existing suppliers.
- Assist HOD in liaising between suppliers, OEMs and relevant internal departments to facilitate, a quick, responsive and satisfactory procurement process.
- Assists HOD in demand planning and the balance of demand with supply through proper items requirements planning and the application of procurement best practices.
- Sales support e.g. pricing, and completion of bids to be submitted. RFQ and RFP processes support.
- Project procurement support.
- Supplier relationship management, performance management and reporting.
- Conduct Vendor prequalification, registration, due diligence and on-boarding.
- Continuously evaluate and assess supplier performance reports consistent with agreed to requirements to insure consistency with quality, service and delivery targets; and communicate feedback from the process to respective vendors. Also implement recommendations from the process:
- Supplier Relationship Management, Item Category Management.
- Assist in the achievement of other objectives of the Department and Interswitch Group.
- Provide price updates to other departments to enable them do proper costing and planning for product sales, and procurement activities.
- Advice on developments in operations and projects in Interswitch that can necessitate procurement tasks and/or policy changes.
- Assist the HOD in communicating best practice to divisions and departments to achieve most effective internal and external purchasing results/processes
- Communicate Interswitch’s policies and preferences to suppliers and customers to help them become better partners in the successful accomplishment of shared objectives.
- Periodic reporting on purchasing activities, identifying opportunities for more cost-effective purchasing and supply of products and services to the business.
- Capture VOC through periodic customer surveys, analyse and report to HOD
- Education: B.Sc, B.A in Accounting, Science, Engineering, or Social Sciences.
- Experience: 5 and above years in Supply Chain Management (SCM), Procurement or Purchasing function.
- Purchasing fundamentals/ Best Practices.
- Good knowledge of Interswitch activities.
- Use of ERP.
- Good learning ability.
- Supplier Management.
- Sourcing/Supplier Selection.
- Inventory Management.
- Product-Related Skills.
- Project Management.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply