Full-time IT / Infrastructure Engineer at OneFi Nigeria
OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and we are focused on provided access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa.
The Job : IT / Infrastructure Engineer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
About the Role
- The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks.
- The individual will install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the organization’s operating environment. Individual in this role will also maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure.
- This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth.
- Individuals in Infrastructure Engineering job family are also responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the Call Center and the Server Room.
- At One Finance, Infrastructure Engineers deploy the release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and perform testing of PC/server operating systems, networks, and related utilities and hardware. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as reported by users, supporting Web access and electronic messaging services and maintaining a secure systems environment.
- The Infrastructure Engineer need good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with teams and other technical colleagues. Individuals work across all functional areas of the organization and use a strong customer service orientation to ensure that all service requests and incidents are resolved in a professional manner.
Duties/Areas of Responsibility
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Installs, configures and maintains approved system hardware and software components.
- Maintains structured cabling systems, telecom systems, WAN, LAN, Cellular/DAS, Wireless Networks and local Internet, remote access, VPNs, and connectivity protocols.
- Implements predetermined telecom/network software or hardware changes.
- Establishes WAN, LAN, device profiles, device environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Issues and maintains IP addresses and host names for end user machines.
- Provides support for connectivity or related network/communication issues for the user community.
- Monitors system-operating capacity in terms of (e.g., disk space, storage, and CPU utilization).
- Performs routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes.
- Performs a health check based on checklists.
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Follows defined procedures to monitor systems and resolve problems.
- May support one or more systems or applications of low to medium complexity (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Participates in infrastructure testing efforts. Provides feedback on test results.
- Analyzes and reports on operational metrics to understand performance and to ensure success in process improvements.
- Provides Level 2 production support.
- In case of failure events, notifies users and fixes the problem or escalates to senior members.
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem resolution or creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Documents problem status and resolution.
- Tests and executes backup and disaster recovery for infrastructure solutions.
- Monitors production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs, and other quality metrics, are being met.
- Monitors ticketing queue and responds to service requests or incidents.
- Coordinates installation and maintenance work with outside vendors as needed.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline, Relevant IT Certifications.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of core Internet protocols (BGP, IP, TCP, DNS, TLS, HTTP)
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills including network printers.
- Experience supporting users in a Windows, Linux and MAC environment
- Experience working with Elastix, Asterisk or FreePBX
- Experience working with Linux servers
- Experience working with Windows Server 2012 and higher
- Experience deploying Cisco, Mikrotik, Ubiquiti networking technologies
- Experience writing shell scripting languages
- Experience in writing SQL queries is a plus
- A+ or N+
- CCNA or any Mikrotik Certifications
- MCTS Windows 7, 8 or 10
- MCSA Windows Server 2012 or 2016
How To Apply