Full-time Jhpiego Nigeria: Compliance Officer Recruitment
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position below:
The Job : Compliance Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming. In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95-95-95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria. The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The compliance officer will provide a support service to the organisation to ensure the timely meeting of donor contractual compliance and regulatory conditions, and working closely with Grant& Compliance Manager
- Reviews internal documents and processes for compliance from time to time.
- Establish standards and procedures to ensure the compliance program’s effectiveness and efficiency, maintaining compliance to organizational policies, procedures and internal controls
- Conduct due diligence to ensure that USG funds are not diverted from their development purpose outlined in the agreement and are not vulnerable to corruption, extortion or otherwise benefitting malign groups.
- Actively train and mentor staff in the areas of US federal government compliance, ensuring that high standards are consistently met.
- Contribute to the development of financial systems and procedures for grants
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, adequacy of internal controls, reliability of financial reporting, compliance and applicable laws and the safeguard of assets within jhpiego.
- Plan, perform and report back on internal audits to ensure that financial control, financial guidelines of donor organizations and other control procedures are in place properly implemented and managed on the project.
- Advise and monitor quality standards and value for money and make recommendations for improvement.
- Test internal controls, targeting particular high risk areas, document any weaknesses and their impact, and make recommendations to address these weaknesses.
- Develop and periodically review and update Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Carry out necessary training of finance and non-finance staff to ensure that USAID requirements are met.
- Follow upon the implementation of audit recommendations and management actions.
- Where necessary, carry out investigations of alleged fraud, mismanagement, loss of assets or any other investigation.
- For each assignment as assigned, prepare a written report to present findings and conclusions to management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Accounting concentration) with MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience managing grants for donor organizations. Experience with USAID grants management system highly preferred.
- Experience with US Federal Government assistance instruments and audits, including both Cooperative Agreements and Contracts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets and client
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationship at all levels
- High level of confidentiality at all times
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organisation.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 21st November, 2019; (Time: 4:00PM)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and a CV as One Single Word document to: [email protected] The title/subject of your email and application should be the “Position you are applying for and Location”.
- Candidate that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply