Full-time Jumia Nigeria: Operations Excellence Manager (Logistics) Recruitment
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
The Job : Operations Excellence Manager (Logistics)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
You will lead numerous improvement projects aimed at streamlining activities while driving up performance and quality. Taking part in regional and global initiatives, you will tackle complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions.
In particular you will:
- Lead the design and implementation of initiatives that eliminate waste, reduce lead time and improve business performance while establishing a sustainable model for continuous improvement
- Work with Country Manager to identify performance gaps, prioritize and manage improvement roadmap
- Through robust data analysis of key operational and cost metrics, identify opportunities for innovation and work with all Ops teams to quantify the value of the opportunity i.e. Optimizing warehouse and Jumia Express operations
- Improve main KPIs: Vendor Net Promoter Score, Vendor Satisfaction Score, Seller Ops Queue Management, SLA DS collection cost effective pricing efficiency, lost in seller ops
- Support delivery of operational consistency across the supply chain through both process and technology
- Participate in implementing lean management practice across Jumia Services globally
- Work with business and broader Ops team to ensure initiatives are appropriately prioritized and supported
- Participate in technology development by giving constant feedback on requirement for Warehouse & Logistics operations.
- Monitoring of 5S practices and Material handling
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree/MBA required in an applicable discipline (Mathematics, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics, etc.)
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive related work with demonstrated experience in Continuous Improvement and/or Operational Excellence in a large fulfilment or distribution environment
- At least 3 years of experience using data visualization tools like Qlik, Tableau, or Microsoft Power BI
- At least 3 years of experience in Project management and time management skills – experience with end-to-end project management processes
- Excellent analytical capabilities, ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of distribution center/fulfilment operations and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
How To Apply