Full-time Kogi State University, Anyigba: Security Analyst Recruitment
Kogi State University, Anyigba, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in the Information Technology and Resource Centre (ITRC):
The Job : Security Analyst
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Anyigba, Kogi, Nigeria
- Leading efforts to counter security breaches and anticipating and reducing the likelihood of future security alerts, incidents, and disasters.
- Defining, planning, implementing, maintaining, and upgrading security measures, policies, and controls.
- Writing reports and providing insights on the efficacy of the current security policies, incident responses, disaster recovery plans, and other security-related information.
- Assisting with the creation of updates and training programs to secure the network and train the employees. Keeping the security systems up to date.
- Monitoring security access and maintaining the relevant data.
- Conducting vulnerability testing and risk analyses to assess security and performing internal and external security audits
- Analyzing security breaches to identify the cause and to update incidence responses and disaster recovery plans.
- Verifying and coordinating security plans with outside vendors.
- Creating procedures for IT employees and training them in security awareness.
- Candidates should possess a degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Management Information System with 6 years experience, three (3) of which should be in a tertiary or related institution, and be registered with the relevant professional bodies.
- Possession of professional globally acceptable certifications, will be an advantage. The Security Analysts responsibilities include: securing online and on-premises infrastructures, filtering out suspicious activity, and finding and mitigating security risks before any breaches can occur. Working inter-departmentally to identify and correct any flaws in our security systems.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications in 6 (six) copies with photocopies of their Credentials and detailed CV indicating:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended/Qualifications obtained with dates, including membership/fellowship of relevant professional bodies
- Work Experience and positions held with dates
- Present employer, Post and Salary
- List of publications, if any
- Other relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements, contributions including awards received, if any
- Names and addresses of 3 Referees – One of whom should be professionally competent to assess the applicant. The referees should be requested to forward their references directed to the “Registrar” via the address below.
All Applications should be addressed and sent to:
Kogi State University,
P.M.B. 2373, Anyigba,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.