Full-time Kogi State University, Anyungba: Computer Programmer Recruitment
Kogi State University, Anyungba, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in the Information Technology and Resource Centre (ITRC):
The Job : Computer Programmer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Anyungba, Kogi, Nigeria
- The computer Programmer’s duties will include managing systems performance, providing tech support, reviewing and updating existing programs, identifying and fixing defects, supporting data architecture, generating reports, developing in-house software and mitigating potential risk, task management and superior problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Coding and debugging
- Designing and testing computer structures
- Troubleshooting system errors
- Writing computer instructions
- Managing database systems
- Maintaining operating systems
- Editing source-code
- Profiling and analysing algorithms
- Implementing build systems
- Providing tech support
- Candidates should possess a degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Management Information System with 6 years experience, three of which should be in a tertiary or related institution, and be registered with the relevant professional bodies.
- Possession of professional globally acceptable certifications will be an added advantage. Advance knowledge of operating systems, analytical and problem solving skills, Java, C++, SQL, C# and HTML experience. Aptitude for learning new technology, deadline driven and superior communication skills.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications in 6 (six) copies with photocopies of their Credentials and detailed CV indicating:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended/Qualifications obtained with dates, including membership/fellowship of relevant professional bodies
- Work Experience and positions held with dates
- Present employer, Post and Salary
- List of publications, if any
- Other relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements, contributions including awards received, if any
- Names and addresses of 3 Referees – One of whom should be professionally competent to assess the applicant. The referees should be requested to forward their references directed to the “Registrar” via the address below.
All Applications should be addressed and sent to:
Kogi State University,
P.M.B. 2373, Anyigba,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.