Full-time La Fayette Microfinance Bank: Credit Risk Analyst Recruitment
La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited – As an international registered microfinance bank, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers a complete range of financial services and means of payment for its customers, including savings accounts, current accounts and fixed deposit accounts.
The Job : Credit Risk Analyst
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Main Responsibilities and Task
- Analyses and gives a motivated opinion on every credit file to be presented to LCM from above N3 million. This tasks implies the following:
- Ensures that all credit files are in compliance with credit process and documentation (documents, checklist, credit bureau checks, appendix, etc.)
- Checks the source of information/data and their reliability
- Checks the exactitude and accurateness of data and calculation
- Checks the respects of the rules and methodology used
- Checks the global consistency of data between themselves and according to sector/comparable activities
- Checks and interprets evolution of data, identify trends
- Identify additional risks (fiscal, licenses, contracts, credit history etc.)
- Exchanges information with CO in order to complete LAF
- Checks – with HSME – that procedures of credit risk follow-up and monitoring is respected (quality and frequency of post-disbursement visits)
- Periodically analyses quantitatively and qualitatively loan portfolio of Advans Nigeria (sector concentration, product concentration, etc.)
- Periodically perform default/PAR studies, measuring in particular the impact of collaterals, members of LCM and other on risk exposure
- Makes recommendations (training, process, procedures, etc.) in order to improve the quality of analysis
- Constitutes a database enable the Bank to build comparison/reference criteria between companies from the same sectors
- Proposes evolutions in the policy, process, procedure, methodology, LAF, products, collaterals, related to the risks identified
- Intervenes, if requested to, on certain cases of recovery
- Controls loan files based on tangible/financial elements and are compliant with credit process and procedure
- Informs directly MD/CEO/HSME in case of serious violations, in order for the management to take appropriate steps
- The role and tasks will evolve with the growth of the organization.
Vertical mobility (within the same function):
- Head, SME.
Qualification/Education and Work Experience
- B.Sc / HND in any accredited and approved university and polytechnic.
- Minimum of 3year work experience in a MFB having at least 18month experience as a credit analyst.
- High-level proficiency in written and spoken English; good knowledge of MS-Office; good interpersonal relations skills.
- Tactfulness; self-disciplined; resolute and Value driven. Pragmatic and meticulous in processes and procedures; Ability to relate effectively across different levels of authority. Time conscious and purposeful. Self-starter and fast learner.
How To Apply