Full-time Lead Financial Accountant – Jumia at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
The Job : Lead Financial Accountant – Jumia
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
As the Lead Financial Accountant, you will drive the implementation of secure and robust accounting processes and procedures including month end closings, AR/AP, cash management, payroll and bank reconciliations.
In particular you will be:
- Responsible for the daily accounting activities required to accurately maintain the company’s general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and other financial records and schedules.
- Managing and maintaining the financial accounting system, and all accounting processes including daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash collection, GL, payroll, bank, inventory reconciliation and tax filings
- Supervising, directing and reviewing the work of a team of senior accountants (Heads of AP, AR, Inventory, Treasury) and their teams. Establishing working procedures and process for accounting personnel.
- Managing monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Reviewing general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Preparing and entering monthly adjusting journal entries.
- Generating quarterly and annual financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow) monthly.
- Assisting the Financial Planning team with budget and forecast preparation schedule by collecting relevant business data and projections from the line departments and provide relevant analyses and feedback to enable finalization of the budget and forecast proposals and all related reports including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Evaluating & implementing internal and external audit recommendations & provides feedback to management on results
- Ensuring compliance with all country legal, regulatory and tax reporting requirements.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Chartered Accountant with at least 8 years of accounting experience, of which at least 3 years in Managerial level or more
- Bachelor’s in Business, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or a related discipline
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or similar discipline is preferred Relevant professional qualification in Finance and Accounts e.g. ICAN, ACCA etc.
- Experience with computerized accounting i.e. QB, Navision, SAGE, Excel
- Previous FMCG experience and Ecommerce experience is a plus proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools.
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills required
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How To Apply