Full-time Lead IT Support Specialist Recruitment at Old Mutual Nigeria
Old Mutual Nigeria consists of a Life Assurance and General Insurance business and provides a wide spectrum of insurance solutions tailored to meet unique individual and corporate clients’ circumstances.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Lead IT Support Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
REF: 1420/NIGE/EU/Lead IT Support Specialist (Infrastructure and Information Security)/Nigeria/071119
- This role supports the smooth running of the production applications, infrastructure as well as the information & cybersecurity function and is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts. The incumbent has broader knowledge than the IT Support Specialist and works across many platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configuration and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, network server software and domain security protocols including remote site deployments as required.
- In liaison with Old Mutual Africa-IT, devise and recommend appropriate network infrastructure and technologies for OM Nigeria.
- Manage and enforce group policies and network security policies on the LAN, Wan and internet.
- Investigate problems with network component and hardware and ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Working closely with outsourced vendors to implement and manage the OM Nigeria network infrastructure.
- Manage the IT infrastructure and security team.
- Over 5 years of experience within technical support environment, including hardware, software, network and information security support.
- Experience in the implementation and management of routers, switches, Linux and windows operating systems and network storage platforms.
- Experience with managing modern network monitoring tools including ePO solutions.
- Proven ability to manage vendors, teams, Incident responses activities, balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Those with experience in managing it environments for credible financial institutions will have an added advantage
- A degree in Electronics Computer Science/Information Technology
- An MCSE/CCNA/CCNP or Linux Certified is added advantage
Key Result Areas:
- Suggests and implements cost saving / optimisation initiatives.
- Provides technical advice and consultation to the business.
- Supports the running of production applications and infrastructure.
- Provides 24 x 7 first-line standby / support for production environments.
- Creates temporary fixes within systems to achieve Service Level Agreements.
- Pro-actively monitors the production environment.
- Responsible for capacity monitoring.
- Communicates effectively regarding support-related activities.
- Participates in and co-ordinates systems handover process (OSSP).
- Leads others in technical initiatives across platforms/environments eg: cost saving, timing
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of 1 day to a maximum of 3 months.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
- Performs quality checks on own work.
- Adheres to service and quality standards.
How To Apply