Full-time Logistics Manager – RRM at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Job : Logistics Manager – RRM
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Field Emergency Coordinator
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Task and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Responsible for ensuring that efficient and appropriate logistical support is provided for all RRM (Rapid Response Mechanism) program activities, consistent with Action Against Hunger protocols and procedures, to ensure program objectives are achieved in collaboration with the Emergency Team:
- Provide logistical guidance, advice, and support to all field sites and the logistical staff in those locations as necessary or as required
- Ensure that Action Against Hunger’s policies, systems and guidelines are implemented, used and adhered to
- Ensure that a constructive and effective logistical working relationship between field office and RRM team is developed and maintained
- Provide technical support to the project, in coordination with Maiduguri logistics team, in relation to: procurement, transport, asset management, warehousing / stock control, and the distribution of goods
- Monitor and oversee all location where Action Against Hunger implements RRM activities to ensure that systems are being correctly implemented and comply with Action Against Hunger and donor standards
- Develop the RRM program logistics strategy and ensure its timely implementation.
Objective 2 – Responsible for oversight of all logistical activities for AAH Emergency programming:
- Organization and supervision of the emergency logistics team. This include streamlining all information related to logistics (procurement, warehousing, transport…)
- Act as logistical Focal Person for Emergency and Ensure logistical systems and procedures are maintained and up to date in a timely fashion.
- Coordinating with Maiduguri and Abuja logistics teams to ensure the best logistics support to the emergency program including local procurement, vehicle and asset / equipment maintenance and management
- Responsible for supply chain and stock control for emergency programming consistent with Action Against Hunger protocols and procedures
- Coordinate with the Borno Warehouse Manager on implementation of Action Against Hunger standard warehouse procedures in order to reach the overall goal of 100% transparency and accountability.
- Plan and organize the movements of the emergency team and cargo
- Ensure that the logistical resources allocated to emergency team are managed as per Kit log and mission guidelines.
- Support the opening and closure of emergency deployments. This includes mounting and dismounting of relevant structures
Objective 3 – Supply chain management for Emergency program activities:
- Initiate and follow supply chain operations starting from supply planning to delivery according to Action Against Hunger standard procurement practices, keeping records to full audit trail standard under donor regulations as well as Action Against Hunger Internal Procurement Procedures
- Ensure all necessary authorizations / approvals are obtained on time to allow the purchase of appropriate supplies for RRM projects and ensure delivery in a timely and cost effective manner
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the relevant departments regarding delivery of supplies and keep all parties informed of any changes in a timely manner
- Maintain a good quality control system such that all goods and services delivered to the emergency program comply with Action Against Hunger’s standards
- Coordinate with Maiduguri Logistics team on the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date supplier information and market prices databases for regularly purchased items.
Objective 4 – Stock and Asset management:
- Identify the emergency program needs in term of assets and equipment and make sure they are covered.
- Liaise with ICT officer Maiduguri to ensure appropriate coding, tagging repairs and maintenance of assets and equipment and the maintenance of an up to date and proper asset inventory for emergency programming
- Initiate inbound and outbound movements in coordination with Borno warehouse manager. This includes preparation of relevant documentations in line with Kitlog and the mission guidelines (SROs, Distribution plan)
- Coordinate with the Borno Warehouse Manager to ensure proper storage and warehousing of emergency program stocks, including proper receiving and issuing of stocks, maintenance of updated bin cards, and regular physical stock taking and spot checks for assets and office equipment
- Ensure that the proper administrative procedures and standards for order follow-up, ordering, stock keeping and dispatch are followed
- To keep a proper record of expenditures, receipts, requisitions, purchase order forms, waybills, and all other documents
- Ensure stock administrative system is in place and regular reconciliation is done.
- Responsible for all asset and inventory management within emergency programs
Internal & External Relationship
- Under the line management of: Emergency Coordinator
- Technical supervison: Logistics HoD
- In coordination with: Borno and Abuja Logistics teams, DCD HP, Emergency Program teams
- Partners, NGOs, UN Agencies
- Local government authorities/departments
- Monthly Sit reps
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field. (Master’s Degree Preferred)
- At least 6 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least 3 years of experience in emergency.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of logistics management in an NGO
- Security management experience in an unstable and volatile environment
- Excellent communication skills with a good level of written and spoken English
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement and participation of a mainly national team, including remote management
- Strong team communicator and facilitator between the interests of different departments
- Problem solving ability with equipment ranging from PC’s to vehicles and radios
- Strong capacity building skills
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with the local authorities
- Strong coordination, communication and diplomacy skills
- Strong administration and organizational ability
- Willingness to travel extensively in the field
- Ability to work under stressful conditions in an isolated area
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues
- An understanding of and commitment to Action Against Hunger’s mission and values.
- Previous experience in and good knowledge of Northeast Nigeria or similar context
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger
- Previous experience with the RRM mechanism.
How To Apply