Full-time Logistics Supervisor at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes;
The Job : Logistics Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Supervise the daily logistics activities and provide maintenance to the ALIMA equipments, facilities and infrastructures, according to ALIMA protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitor maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to ALIMA standards.
- Ensure the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager supervision.
- Carrying out daily visits to the facilities, reporting any anomalies or problems to the line manager.
- Evaluating rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work in accordance with instructions given by his supervisor, and accounting to him/her on progress
- Checking that premises observe security norms (fire extinguishers present, electrical installations earthed, etc.).
- Monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to ALIMA standards
- Coordinate and lead the logistics team under his/her responsibility, in particular:
- Defining each person’s tasks, supervising them on a daily basis and checking the quality of their work (punctuality, rigour, quality, etc.).
- Drawing up working schedules for logistics teams for each department or facility.
- Organising and leading meetings of the team under his supervision.
- Attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
- Manage and follow up orders, namely
- Collect logistics orders coming from health facilities,
- Draw up and follow up orders according to the procedures in force.
- Provide technical support to the specialized technician, watchman
- Ensure reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of material before its shipment.
- Degree or HND and formal technical training
- NGO experience desirable or at least two years’ experience in a similar post
- English spoken and written and local language desirable
- Good knowledge of Borno State, an asset
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Ability to react quick and manage stress to stay calm in all situations
- Reliability, service-oriented, respect of confidentiality and capacity to work in a team
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
- The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
- NB: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
- Work location: Maiduguri, Borno State.
Contract Duration: 3 months, renewable
How To Apply
Submit online your Application Letter & CV with colour picture, Subject: Logistics Supervisor – Maiduguri to [email protected], or Hard copy in ALIMA’s of Maiduguri.
Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the re