Full-time Manager – Accounting & External Reporting at Mondelez International LLC
Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
The Job : Manager – Accounting & External Reporting
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Ref #: 1904192
- This position will act as Accounting Manager of Cadbury Nigeria Plc, in ensuring accuracy & timely booking of all journal entries relating to factory, accruals, amortization of prepaid expense and all journal corrections/adjustments.
- Preparing, analyzing and reconcile (General Ledger/Sub Ledger) all balance sheet and profit and loss accounts, (including sales and inter-company sales) and highlights abnormal balances for immediate resolution.
- Assist in continuous improvement activities done by global team.
- Preparing journal entries relating to factory, accruals, amortization of prepaid expense, journal correction/adjustments and recording of all the relevant transactions to ensure that the financial records are kept up-to-date.
- Reconciling all balance sheet and profit and loss accounts, include sales & intercompany sales and recommends action plans to address reconciling and long outstanding items in order to provide management with a more reliable financial reports.
- Ensures all Journal Entries (General Journal) are completed with the correct transaction dates and properly authorized before posting to the SAP Systems
- Keeps books of accounts including all accounts reconciliation (Journal Entries, Trial Balance) and ensure complete files are properly kept for future reference.
- Generate the financial reports after posting of the month’s transactions in the SAP Systems
- Coordinates with both corporate and external auditors during the regular interim and Year End audit engagement
- Oversee the entire accounts payable structure which include relating with the shared services team not resident in the country
- Liaise with team managing outsourced functions (e.g. Ernest &Young for Statutory Accounting and Taxation, Accenture for accurate vendor payment processing and Genpact for journals and month end process)
- Ensure proper calculation and booking of indirect taxes e.g. Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax and PAYE
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Must be a member of ICAN, ACCA or its equivalent.
- 4- 6 years of experience in statutory/ GAAP accounting / preferably in international business environment or BIG 4Experience in working with financial systems.
- Deep expert knowledge of Statutory Accounting.
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP / International Accounting Standards (for GAAP)
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in MS office and SAP.
- Experience of working in a multicultural teams and environment.
- Team Player; ability to support and lead to achieve common goals.
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
- Problem solving: Proactive and resourceful in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in dynamic environment.
- Mondelez International is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all applicants having the same qualification and experience in compliance with requirements of local employment.
How To Apply