Full-time Manager, Call Centre Operations at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
The Job : Manager, Call Centre Operations
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- To serve as a central coordination point for managing outsourced and insourced call center operation.
- Also responsible for vendor relationship management, workforce management (forecasting) and call center operations analytics and reporting.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card.
- Contribute in contract negotiations to support the success of outsourced customer service operations while balancing fiscal resources.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with CuSe leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Collaborate with the Customer Management and Systems and Processes teams to develop a business plan that includes the review of operations
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Co-ordinate all Infrastructure Providers, Customers, Vendors & Various Cluster teams, as well as resolve escalated issues.
- Provide input as well as communicate company strategy and influence the vendor’s team to achieving company vision.
- Provide direction to ensure accuracy of forecasted internal (inbound and outbound operations) and outsourced call volumes.
- Track, analyze, and report performance data on key departmental initiatives.
- Develop and establish a documented and formal call quality program with the vendor(s), ensuring consistency with the Company’s model and/or template, where appropriate.
- Identify gaps in existing policies and procedures; set and deploy quality standards, operational processes, policies, procedures and review mechanisms.
- Measure and improve operational efficiency and enhance quality of service (QoS) through active management of productivity and performance metrics.
- Act as a tier of support, responding to increasingly escalated customer services calls in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with outsourced vendor(s) on inbound and outbound operations to ensure that quality levels, cost, and performance metrics meet the Company’s standards. This includes but is not limited to cost per call, quality scores and staffing budgets.
- Hold regular meetings with the vendors’ point of contact and leadership team to maintain open lines of communication, and relay short/long-term goals.
- Maintain an awareness of products to effectively manage call center activities and call center best practices.
- Implement continuous improvements to quality and service levels and propose changes to the training curriculum.
- Assess and actively monitor performance of the outsourced customer service operations through regular evaluations.
- Develop and implement actionable plans to mitigate business risks.
- Ensure compliance with relevant corporate and regulatory policies and standards.
- Work closely with Customer Management, HR and the Vendor(s) to establish and maintain a consistent training approach for call center agents.
- Work cooperatively with other MTN departments to coordinate resources where appropriate and take necessary steps to manage, meet or exceed Customer expectations in support of a mutually satisfactory business partnership.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities as well as set up key performance indicators for team members.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Regional Travel (for Regional Service Managers)
Experience & Training
- 6 – 13 years work experience of which 5 years in a service environment
- 2 years of work experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in telesales
- Experience in vendor management.
- Exposure to IVR, CR technologies and complementary technologies
- Experience in managing complex processes and procedures
- Customer Relationship Management
- Employee Performance Management
- Management Programs
- MS Excel (Intermediate and advanced)
- MTN Products & Services
- Project Management
- Service Excellence
- Audit/ Inventory training
- People & Performance Management
- Financial planning & Budgeting
- Business Intelligence
- Service Segmentation
- Resource Planning
- ICT Cutting Edge Technologies
- Crisis Management
- Innovation Management
- Credit Management
- Change Management
- Brand Management
- MS Office Enterprise
- BSc or HND
How To Apply