Full-time Medecins Sans Frontieres – Belgium: Logistics Supervisor Recruitment
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
The Job : Logistics Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards.
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices.
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper,
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education Essential secondary education and formal technical training
- Experience At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Languages Fluent English and Igbo are essential.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant certificates to: [email protected]
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Block D 33 Liberation Estate,
Abakaliki – Ebonyi State.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.