Full-time Medecins Sans Frontières: Country Advisor Vacancy
Medecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
The Job : Country Advisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Map the political, military and civil society actors at a capital level who have influence in MSF areas of operations
- Develop relationships with key actors through the regular sharing of information about MSF activities
- Alongside the Head of Mission, represent MSF in meetings or negotiations with political, military and civil society actors
- Develop an in depth analysis of the political and military dynamics in the country
- Report on security trends across the country
- Cross check rumors about possible security threats or incidents
- Advise the Head of Mission regarding security risks and mitigation measures
- Analyze the way in which MSF is perceived in the country and make recommendations to address any misperceptions
- Support the Head of Mission in preparing contacts for exploratory missions
- Brief all new international and local staff on the context
- Maintain a central contact database that is regularly updated with contacts from all project locations
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Existing network of contacts with political, authorities and civil society actors is a pre-requisite
- Degree in political science, journalism, conflict studies, or a related social science field
- Four years of experience in a similar position
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their Applications, including cover letter, CV’s/Resume and copy of relevant certificates to: [email protected]
Send Hard Copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
14 Tennessee Street,
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.