Full-time Michael Stevens Consulting: Senior Specialist – Research and Development Recruitment
Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client a well-established Transportation Company, has retained our services to search for self-managed professionals of high integrity to fill the position below:
The Job : Senior Specialist – Research and Development
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The role is to drive research and development as a culture in the organization through consistent monitoring and in-depth analysis of projects, the transport sector and socio economic issues as regards the strategic goals and objectives and ensure adherence to current standards and international best practices in its operations.
- To develop and introduce measures and initiatives arising from company operations and activities.
- The key tasks of this position shall include responsibility for ensuring the conduct of research into project as well as local and international transport sector issues which support and ensure the organization’s development.
- Establishment and maintenance of information research services, systems and resources. Provision of special and technical assistance to the Managing Director/Chief Executive as regards Research and Development.
- Design and implement effective systems and procedures for the establishment of research as a culture in the company in line with its strategic goals and objectives.
- Institute continuous, consistent and timely conduct of research into the various areas of our core functions including, but not limited to, Roads Maintenance, Public Transport, Traffic Management, Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Initiate research on transport policy issues and devise appropriate method(s) for research activities.
- Establish, operate and maintain centralized databases.
- Establish and build working partnership with reputable local and international transport-related research institutions.
- In conjunction with the Safeguards Unit, initiate Baseline Surveys as may be required and ensure the conduct of follow-up Studies.
- Research into, and publish on a quarterly basis information and statistics on the transport sector, and other sectors of the economy that may affect the Authority’s operations.
- Study technical reports from Consultants, the World Bank and other stakeholders, prepare summary and advise the Managing Director on such reports.
- Act as a liaison with R&D institutions to prepare project proposals
- Manage R&D project teams allocated to those projects; work with academic partners to leverage the potential of applicable research.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of Master’s Degree in a Science, Economics or Engineering related field.
- Must have minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in conducting research and producing conference papers.
- Candidate must have strong computer and research skills
- Must have good knowledge of the Transportation Industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and needs.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality.
- Ability to manage uncertainty and the ability to manage risk.
- Excellent team player with the ability to build and leverage internal and external alliances and to work effectively in a lean environment.
- Demonstrated track record of detail orientation, time management and project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- EXCELLENT communication and documentation skills; ability to convey key information via written reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals or in presentation settings.
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity and business judgment.
- Candidate must be less than 40 years old.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their Applications and CV’s to: [email protected] The role applied for must be the subject of your mail.