Full-time Microsoft: HR Lead Line Solutions Vacancy
Microsoft is the ideal place for people who have passion for their work and the desire to make an impact—in their careers, in the community and on the world. Microsoft is a unique company; and not just within the tech industry. Here, smart people thrive on their own terms and push their intelligence to its limit. The variety of job opportunities and career advancement at Microsoft is incredible and empowers you to constantly challenge yourself and chart your own course.
The Job : HR Lead Line Solutions
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
HR Line Solutions teams are chartered with improving the employee and manager experience by providing timely query resolution support, around various HR policies and practices. The HR Lead will monitor all HR processes in scope and broader HR issues from a systems perspective and ensure HR queries are resolved in the appropriate tier. The HR lead will continually seek to improve employee and manager experience while remaining engaged with a broad range of stakeholder seeking to enhance the contribution and strategic impact of HR on the growth of the business. The HR lead will also be responsible for meeting Service Level Agreement measures such as turn-around time, customer satisfaction by providing high quality and timely resolution. The HR lead is responsible for professional development of continuous improvement of HR skills on the Line Solutions team. To be successful in this role, the individual in this position will need to excel at leadership, planning, operational execution, customer service, customer advocacy, analytical problem solving, communications, continuous improvement, cross boundary collaboration and knowledge sharing. Strong communication, co-operation and collaboration with all HR and business stakeholders are must have assets.
- Leads, mentors and coaches the HR Line Solutions team on day to day activities.
- Mentors and coaches the HR Line Solutions team on HR processes in scope, manages high-tier complex employee relations cases, demonstrates and facilitates buy-in with Microsoft values and compliance with HR policies while following guidance from CELA.
- Provides HR consulting services as required, in both proactive and reactive ways
- Drives resolution of issues, in collaboration with partners in staffing, human resources, CELA Employment
- Legal Team, ERIT and other groups. Will escalate to more senior team members or team lead when necessary.
- Drives HR data analytics, diagnostics capabilities & building of recommendations within Line Solutions by establishing and working closely with the HR Business Insights team.
- Supervises training needs identified within the organization or geography supported, develops implementation plans to address the needs identified and may partner with other HR functions in developing respective trainings. Will coordinate with the team the implementations of such trainings.
documented. Will establish strong partnerships with relevant HR policy owners.
- Oversees the management of customer queries channels and is responsible for assessing severity levels and management approach.
- May assist with ERIT investigations and implements appropriate remediation in conjunction with the organization.
- Manages processes to include transfers, performance management cases, exits and any other HR relevant processes that will be covered by Line Solutions scope of work.
- Responsible for defining & managing the internal escalation process and ensures all escalations, if they happen, are addressed within agreed timelines.
Build capability in managers to facilitate an open, inclusive, Microsoft values-based environment that enables effective employee experience. Ensure HRM roles are perceived as an objective employee resource and escalation path for unresolved HR issues. Instills trust and confidence by maintaining objectivity and clearly communicating rationale behind recommendations. Remain patient and professional at all times.
Fosters a culture of ethical behavior. Ensures the client organization follows Microsoft and HR policies and regulations, as well as local workforce laws. Ensures business leaders are making decisions and taking actions that are in accordance with them. Mitigate potential risk to the company.
Maintain appropriate records of cases in electronic database. Respond in a timely manner to written correspondence, email and other outreach from employees and managers. Analyze trends and identify issues in and across teams, synthesize results of analysis and makes sound recommendations.
May be included as team member or may lead other various HR related projects with a wider focus on the organization or geography of which is part of.
- HR Partnership: The role is required to partner with the following teams within HR
- HR Directors / HR Line teams in each of the 12 business groups across 10 geo structures in MEA
- One HR Organization including CoEs
- Global Line Solutions Community
- Global and Country aligned HR Services teams
- Global Talent Acquisition and University Recruiting
- Global Process Owners and COEs as it relates to landing employee experiences in the country
- HR Services team, a large centre of which is located in Chennai, India
- Business Partnership: The role is required to partner with the following stakeholders with the business
Leadership Teams of each of the businesses in MEA as it relates to change management / communication of changes (in partnership with the respective Line HR Teams)
• 3425 employees including +/- 570 managers across the 12 businesses (GSMO, IDC, Core Services Engineering, Services, Microsoft Research, other).
- The Line Solutions model is on a transformation journey as it continues to increase the number of, and complexity of, services it delivers at scale to the employee and manager populations within Middle East and Africa. The role will lead the design and implementation of this transformation in MEA.
This would require the role to work closely with a complex stakeholder group including global HR policy owners, Line HR leaders, business leadership teams, managers and employees to seek and gain alignment of these changes. It will require the role holder to design and execute communication and change management strategies for changes to be implemented in the model.
The volume of work expected to be delivered by this team will grow in the short to medium term. The expectation is that in FY18, a series of new HR processes will be transitioned form Line HR to line solutions teams, contributing to a potential growth in the team.
A key success factor of this role, is being able to implement new data measurement & analysis systems from which insights can be drawn. With these insights, the line solutions team will be able to provide ongoing and real-time feedback to the line HR organization as they deliver on the people agenda for the business.
This role will require a unique skillset:
- Inclusive leadership with an ability to lead a team in a growth oriented and complex environment.
- Strong assessor, developer and attractor of talent
- Strong Project Management skills; strong problem solving skills
- Ability to manage and resolve a caseload of sensitive employee matters in a complex and matrixed business environment. Exercising superior judgment.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong coaching, consulting, and facilitation skills
- Strong business acumen and people acumen, and ability to engage and influence leaders at executive levels in the organization.
- Demonstrable experience in analyzing business issues and providing scalable HR solutions that address & align to broader business requirements
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and achieve results in a fast-paced, heavily-distributed team environment
- Ability to analyze HR data and drive solutions or recommendations based on data insights
Strong systems-thinking ability.
This role will require the ability to deal with ambiguity, and achieve results in a fast-paced, heavily-distributed team environment and will also require demonstrated knowledge of cross-country process and legal governance throughout all of MEA.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
How To Apply