Full-time Millard Fuller Foundation: Warehouse/Procurement Manager Recruitment
Nigeria is one of the largest countries in Africa and boasts the continent’s largest population. The northern half of the country is predominantly Muslim and the south predominantly Christian. The country has the world’s 8th largest oil reserve, which is both a blessing and a curse. The oil fields generate great wealth, but where there is wealth there is often jealousy and corruption, so the benefits of this national asset do not greatly benefit the population.
The Job : Warehouse/Procurement Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Masaka, Nasarawa
Job Type: Contract (Renewable)
Job Field: Building and Construction
Direct procurement, receiving, warehousing and distribution of site materials;
Oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of site products/items/goods.
Ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all procurement & warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
Key Performance Areas:
- Strategically manage stores and warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Managing warehouse, overseeing, receiving, warehousing, distribution services and maintenance operations
- Liaise with clients and suppliers; establish procedures, priorities, schedules, surveillance, and coordination of all procurement activities.
- Manage and control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain standards of health and safety of the warehouse
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report, aging and ending balance of each item in warehouse, etc.)
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided; ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain warehouse staff by training subordinates, coaching, counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases; ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options; negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Control, spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director, Projects.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Advanced knowledge of warehouse & inventory management
- Strong knowledge of Warehousing key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Advanced knowledge of Procurement methods & techniques
- Appreciable knowledge of Spreadsheet application
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Proven experience in procurement procedures
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Experience in negotiations and networking
- BSc or HND in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- Minimum of 7 – 10years’ experience in warehousing/procurement/Supply Chain Management
How To Apply