Full-time Mondelez International LLC – Cadbury Nigeria Plc Ongoing Recruitment
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is a whole new company reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands.
The Job : Senior Category Brand Manager – Gum & Candy (West Africa)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Req #: 1809461
Job Category: Marketing
- Leads the implementation of the cluster/market category P&L delivery as agreed in AC/RFC’s. The role also generates successful link between the cluster/market and category.
- The role is the category representative / point of contact with the Market Sales teams. Delivery of plan through superior consumer and customer activation
In line with the job purpose, key accountabilities will entail the following:
- Leads the execution and performance of annual category marketing plans in the country / cluster aligned with the category strategy for P&L delivery with a monthly / quarterly and annual horizon.
- Implements superior consumer and customer activation of agreed brand equity, renovation and innovation 4-2-1 ‘s
- Leads the execution of the IMC programs, working with BU category activation, agencies, and drive local adaptation of brand communication
- Manages connection & media planning and buying locally
- Ensures effective working relationships and cross functional alignment of the category marketing plans with RCT, Sales (Category Planning & KAM) CI, CS&L and Finance and agency leadership to ensure effective in market brand activation in accordance with brand plans, activation strategy, schedule and calendar
- Manages required investment, prioritization, resources and enablers in order to deliver category targets
- Collaborates with the Equity &Innovation teams to develop insight led and strategically relevant communication that drive brand health and category growth within the cluster/market
- Feedbacks into product development and service offers; collaborate to create, launch and track performance of product and service offerings in our markets
- Manages marketing spend budgets & improve profitability (ROI) across the cluster/market
- Understands local Sales capacity execution capability and coordinate with Category Lead and market GM’s on cross category priority alignments.
- Provides thought leadership to the cross-functional category team to enhance synergies across the cluster/market and aligned execution of strategic and operational plans
- Builds differentiating capabilities to ensure superior execution at the point of buying.
- Typically works with a timeframe for less than 12 months
Key Performance Indicators:
- Brand / Category P&L @ AC, Revised Forecasts – Volume, revenue, gross margins %, Net contribution % at Market level
- Cluster Category P&L
- Market Share Markets
- GTN efficiency and ROI
- A&C spend effectiveness and ROI’s
- Brand penetration / frequency in market
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that the ideal candidate will have the following:
- University degree in Marketing or applicable working experience
- Excellent Knowledge of English language
- Strong PC literacy (Excel, PP)
- Strong people management skills, communication skills
- Idea Leadership and Drive for Results
- Handling Complexity, problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills
- Business Acumen, Organizational agility
- Project leadership skills
- Strong planning skills
The incumbent should be role model in:
- Target-Setting for Respective KPI and accountability for results
- Effective Use of Assets
- Determinate Facts & Figures from the operations and Create a Section Budget
- Set-up of Corrective Actions in Case of Deviations and ensure execution
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in blue chip multinational FMCGs in both marketing & Sales roles with involvement in broad commercial issues.
- Demonstrable experience in the development and execution of outstanding marketing programmes based on consumer insights.
- Demonstrable experience in the development and introduction of new products and marketing opportunities and brand repositioning.
- Influencing senior teams.
- Multi-cultural exposure.
It is expected that you will:
- Carry out the role accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to the company
- Work together with all your peers and customers. A key part of your performance review each year will be based on their input.
- Exemplify the company’s Higher Purpose & Values in practice – this will be a key part of your annual development cycle.
How To Apply